Ch. 17 A Crack

Author's Note:  Hello sweeties, this chapter is super short and rough but I wanted to get something out there!  My workload at my internship exploded so I was working past midnight everyday.  I didn't get a new assignment tonight so I jumped on to write this chapter!  I missed you guys and the characters SO MUCH <3

Also, just wanted to let y'all know that this story will end in a few chapters.  Please support until the end <3

Tine limped to class. His body ached and was covered in marks from the night before. Not to mention that he had an ear-splitting headache.

"Hey" Pha waved at him, looking extremely hungover.

"P'Pha!" Wayo stomped into class, his cheeks puffing in annoyance. "Why did you call me last night?"  

"Huh?" Pha furrowed his eyebrows, clearly lost.

"Here!" Yo shoved the phone in his face. "4 missed calls from you! At 3:00 am!" Tine stared at Pha quizzically. Why would he call Yo when drunk...

"Did you answer them?!" Pha's voice was slightly panicked.

"Hell no, I was sleeping. But if you had woken me up, you would be dead!" Yo accidentally kicked over Pha's bag while stomping to his desk, spilling over its contents. "That's payback!" he yelled as he kept walking.

"That fucking brat" Pha cursed as Tine bent down to pick up the contents.  He stopped at the sight of something laying on the floor.

A hummingbird key chain.  Wait...did Pha get Yo a new one?

"Ahem" Pha coughed loudly before he whipped the key chain from sight, his ears burning red.

---------------------------------

"Aghhhh Tine! You are such an idiot!!"  Earn exclaimed.

"...Why is she here again?" Tine whispered to Pear.  He had gone to the courtyard to talk to Pear,  only to find both of them waiting for him.  

"Umm...well, Tine, we actually had something to tell you..." Pear stammered, her face all red.  Pear and Earn smiled shyly at each other. 

"We're together".  Earn blurted out before Pear could finish.  

"No way! That is awesome!! I had no idea!" Tine jumped around like an ecstatic bunny.

"Well, you are pretty oblivious" Earn shrugged.

"Thank you Tine.  I would never have had the courage if it wasn't for you" Earn said with her eyes shining. 

"Well, now that you helped us it's time get to business!" Earn clapped loudly, getting the group in order. "First off, Man and Boss were obviously bluffing.  There is no way Sarawat dated that many people". 

"Really?" Tine gaped at her.  "Then what about Mil?"

Earn sighed exasperatedly.  "Don't listen to anything Mil says. That guy is just trying to get back at Sarawat".

"It's true" Pear chimed in.  "Mil was actually kicked out of the band for causing too much trouble.  When Sarawat replaced him, their fan base just exploded.  I think he's really jealous about it".

"Yeah, and Sarawat seems like he would get way too emotionally involved to be able to handle flings" Earn continued. "You gotta understand that even though Sarawat is bold, he's still a really quiet and anti-social guy. He probably has no idea what to do when it comes to dating".

"Huh..." Tine still couldn't get rid of that uneasy feeling.  "I don't know, I'm still confused.  Like Sarawat didn't correct me when I suggested to keep it casual...but he also got mad..." 

"What do you want Tine?  You keep talking about Sarawat and not about yourself" Earn demanded.

Tine sighed. "Honestly, I don't know how I would deal being with him publicly...but I can't lose him...if that's even what he wants..."

"You guys have to talk to each other, now. This lack of communication is killing me".  Earn face-palmed. 

"I've tried" Tine sighed. "Other than yesterday, he's been ignoring my calls and texts". 

"Hmm" Earn sighed before her face lightened up. "Oh, you know what? Sarawat got recruited last minute to play at a gig today. I'll text you the address".  

"Good luck Tine" Pear said softly.

"Ha, that's funny" Mil chuckled to himself as he listened to the three of them behind a brick wall.  He quietly slipped away unnoticed. 

------------------------------------

Tine  put on his black hoodie and sweatpants before slipping outside.  The night air was cool and crisp.  He walked briskly, feeling much more at peace after talking to Pear and Earn.

Soon he walked into the bar filled with the sounds of cheering and applauding.  He scouted the room, easily spotting Sarawat in the distance from his orange jacket.  He must have just finished playing as there was a crowd of boys and girls surrounding him.  Tine smiled softly as Sarawat kept his head down and pushed past the crowd.  Pear and Earn were right; Sarawat was just a shy guy who hated attention. 

Tine took a deep breath and started walking towards him. 

"Wat-"

"Hey, Sarawat!"  Sarawat casually turned his head to voice.  Out of nowhere, a tall, handsome guy with a white T-shirt smiled as he pushed through the crowd.  Sarawat jerked backwards in surprise as the man suddenly pulled on his arm.

Tine wished he never saw what came next.

------------------------------

Time stopped.  

Tine's phone slipped from his fingers as it crashed onto the hardwood floor.  He vaguely noticed it shatter into a million pieces.  

All Tine could feel was the screaming pain that pierced and throbbed through his entire body. 

In front of him was the man in the white T-shirt and Sarawat, their lips touching.