Chapter 36

Arden

I woke with a headache. The first thing I could smell was bacon and pancakes. I slowly got up and wore a robe. I made my way down the stairs. I found Oliver in the kitchen  making breakfast. He was facing the other way. I spent two months in this apartment alone and some how watching him make breakfast made it the worth  the wait. My two dogs were sleeping near the door. I guessed Oliver was getting to know them. I couldn't have my pugs with me in that old apartment. So as soon as I moved I took them with me.    watched him walk around. Singing a tune. I smiled to myself. His too cute. I walked around the counter and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned and took his earphones out.
"Hey I made breakfast." He handed me a plate.
"Nice bacon and eggs." I took out two bowls and washed some strawberries, I then placed them in the bowls.
"I finally met Baba and Stan." He said.
"Yeah this is our home i though once your back you can bond with them but it seems like they already like you."
"Really they just look at me."
"That means they like you plus i was spraying your perfume everywhere so they know that there is someone else living here."
"Let's sit outside." I said. We walked  to the balcony. There was a small round table with two chairs. The rest of the balcony had plants. I thought he  might like it. We ate breakfast in silence. It wasn't uncomfortable infact it was just nice to have him around.
"Did you injoy last night's party?"
"Alot actually." He shoved a strawberry in his mouth. I placed my arms on the table and leaned in. "Can I have a kiss as a thank you." He leand in and kissed my cheek.
"There." He pulled way not before I kissed him on the lips. I saw a small blush on his face.
I placed my hand on my face. We ended up sitting outside for an hour just talking about trivial stuff. He talking about how he found it easy to talk to the other patients then the actual therapists. He said he made a friend there that wasn't well but he understood him. Watching him talk about how he felt was a relief. He looked happy. He might have not opened up to the people he was ment to but he looked healthier. It was also refreshing to watch him talk so much.

I was set to have a formal dinner with my parents and Oliver. Somewhere along the line. I stopped talking to my parent completely because they were no longer listening to me. So I did what I had to. I was buying a suit for Oliver to wear and my own dress to match. I know what they were going to talk about. Me and Oliver and blah blah.  I was putting myself and my needs first and that angered them. As I was about to pay for the clothes my mother walked in.
"NO not today." I said taking my shopping bags.
"Arden wait please."
"No." I said walking faster.
"It's the shares." My mother said. I paused. She handed me papers.
"Sign them." I quickly read the pages.
"You know what this says right. That the whole company is mine not only that but I have the most shares now."
"I know and your father is going to kill us both but...I care more about you then any company that we own and if giving it all to you then..." For the first time in a long time I saw sadness in my mother's eyes.
"I just dont want what happened to your brother to happen to you."
"Unlike him I'm fighting you guys. I have no time to waste."
We walked out the store and I placed all the bags in my car.
"I made mistakes with your brother and I'm still paying for them."
"Oliver and I will be there at six." I got into the car.
"I love you but I have to go."
I watched as my mother walked into her car.
I drove off.

"As much as I think your cute in those overalls it's time to get ready." Oliver had made himself comfortable in the studio. He got up and placed the paint brushes in a bottle of water. We got ready for dinner. I brushed his hair back.
"There we go, you look handsome." He did. He looked handsome.
"Are you comfortable I want you to feel comfortable."
"I'm fine." I looked at his reflection. He was trying to hide his smile. "There's no need to hide that smile." He wore a suit jacket and fitted Jean's. It was like him. Nothing to fancy. His phone rang and he went into the kitchen to answer it.  I put on earrings and walked walked down the stairs. I found Oliver sitting on a chair.
"We should go." He just sat there.
"My biological mother.  She's dying and I should go see her.." He looked at me. His face was blank a void of any emotion.