Chapter 5: hard to get

Arden

"Your place is coming together I should add some cute plants here and there." Cleo spoke. Cleo has been  my friend since we were children. She has curly hair and she is short and big with the fashion style of Anna Wintour.
We walked around for a bit with Cleo telling me about how her life  had been going. "The art is lovely, who is it by?"  I sat down at the kitchen. "Remember that guy that we bumped into a few weeks ago at the bar?"
" I don't  remember but continue."
"So he dropped a drawing he did, I liked it so I asked him to show me more and he did." 
"Wait the one you said was cute."
"Yes that one, he looks different during the day tho." I said drinking water.
"What do you mean? He looked miserable when I saw him."
"He does but more sad specially his eyes you know I just want to help him, you know what I mean?"
"You can help sell his art."
"I already did he emailed me a week ago thanking me for helping him." We talked about other things after that. "So how are you and  Brad." Cleo asked. I had not seen Bradly in a month and to top it of I've been ignoring his calls. He even stopped calling." I have not seen him in a month." I sighed. "You should just break up with him and go out with the painter." She laughed. My silence must have been a clear sign to her that I was considering the idea.
"He is handsome, he has brown eyes, and amazing lips too. Plus he can paint." I added. Distracted myself.
"He went from cute to handsome well okay miss smitten." Cleo giggled. "Maybe I will just be single for a while." I answered back.  We then watched a movies until we fall asleep.

The following day I went to meetings for the whole day. Since dad no longer owns the business I do. It's a lot running a company or even multiple companies. Though I do enjoy travelling the world. Even for work. Langar international is more than just hotels now. Investment with other large  clothing brands and endorsement deals. Every waking moment for me is work. There are apartments we own lands we own even farms. My father and grandfather are the ones who  truly worked  our name to the lists of one of the worlds most richest families in the world. At some point dad was on the cover of Forbs because our family history. My thoughts immediately went back to what Cloe and I talked about.
BRADLEY

The real  reason I want to break up with Bradley  is because I don't want him to get to comfortable and ask me to marry him. His away acting on a movie. Bradly is sweet with his short brown  hair and beautiful brown eyes. I just need to be alone this time. Red carpets and paparazzi are not for me. I drank my green tea as I watched the view of the city from my office. I guess God himself has to send me a sign. I continued my work. I then texted my driver to meet me at the park I was going for a walk I needed to clear my head. I walked and sat by the children's playground and watched them play. A little boy ran past a pole just then I noticed Oliver setting on the other side of the park drawing away. I guess this is God's sign. I walked towards him making sure he did  not notice me. I sat down. He was drawing the children using a pen. "Hey." At first he did not look at me the second time I greeted him he looked at me. He looked me right  in the eyes. "Hello." He answers and continued drawing. "I guess I should thank you in person for the deal with Sam Bailey." He said still drawing away. "It is okay I had a friend over and he just suggested I promote you."

We sat together in silence. "Would you like to get some coffee with me on the weekend." I asked. He slowly faced me. "What?" He  asked confused. "Do you want to go get some coffee though I drink tea."
"I..mmmm sssurrre." He stumbled his words. "Okay I have to go." He collected his things. "Wait I just want to know if you would like to get coffee."
"I honestly don't know what you want from me." He stood up and began walking. "I like you, I like your art and I really like your voice."
He stopped walking. ."I can't sorry I'm busy all week."  He walked of into the city leaving me speechless. Playing hard to get.