Chapter 19

Arden.

I watched Oliver walk out. His family continued to injoy themselves. 
"Please go check up on him." His father said giving me his plate.
I walked slowly to his room.
I knocked lightly on his door twice. I heard shuffling and I heard the door unlock. He only opened the door slightly. His hazelnut eyes were the only thing I could see. "Are you going to let me in or.."
He closed the door. "I thought I was strong enough." I heard his muffled  voice. "Open the door. Please. "
"Yeah. Should I apologize?"
"No but I'd love to have dinner with you but  instead you have locking yourself in your room." He opened the door and let me in. We sat on his bed and watched two and a half men. At some point we stopped watching and instead started talking about ourselves. "I had this obsession with Harry Potter." He said covering his face. Oliver laid his head on my lap. " I had this thing for The Rock he was the only reason I watched WWE." I said brushing his head. "The Rock really not even the Undertaker?"
"Why him? He looked like he could summon demons."
"That's why I liked him." He smiled at me. I looked away and began getting up from the bed. "Should we not join them for dessert?"
"If you want." Oliver got up and switched his laptop off.

Everyone had gone to bed. It was extremely quiet. I got up to do some work. I wasn't used to sleeping this early. I heard a knock on my door. Oliver Walked in." Wanna play cards?"
"Sure, what do you have?"
"UNO."
"Why aren't you sleeping?"
Oliver shrugged. "I never sleep, I'll sleep once I'm dead." He gave me a handful of cards and sat on the bed. He put a red eight down and I put down a green eight.
We went back and forth for few minutes.

Harper was making breakfast. Oliver was sitting with his dad. They both were reading newspapers. At that moment they looked so alike. His brother and Liz were nowhere to be seen. I sat next to his father. "Howd you sleep?" His father asked. "Alright. It's a bit cold though." Oliver got up and made coffee. "I'll get you more blankets from the garage. Don't worry it's clean." He put his round glasses back on and began reading again. Oliver came back and handed me the coffee.
This time he sat next to me. It was a cozy kitchen. We were sitting in the center at a round table. My phone buzzed.
"Hey mom. How's your vacation going?"
"Well...honey why are you on the cover of a magazine with another man?" My mother asked pleasantly. I had paid them off not to publish the pictures. They still went ahead and did it anyway. I was angry. That's what I get for not paying more attention to my surroundings.
"Your father's absolutely furious with you. Bradly won't answer our calls. What is going on?"
I began walking away from the kitchen and into the porch.
"It's complicated."
"Uncomplicate it for us!" My father hissed at the back. I could hear my mother calming him down. "You and Bradley need to makeup." My mother spoke. I sat down.
"Sweetheart?"
"Yes mom...I like this guy." I felt defeated.
"Your father and I are on our way to your apartment we will talk about everything then."
"Mom, I'm. I'm not at home."
"Where are you then? The office?"
"I'm with his family."
"YOUR WHAT!" My father screamed again. "She will be the death of me Ruth." Dad mumbled.
"Well where ever that is we have to talk." My mother chose to ignore my father.
"Okay...I'll send you the location." I dropped the phone and sent mother my location.
Oliver walked out. Holding a cup of tea. "I forgot you don't drink coffee." He handed me the warm cup.
"Are you okay?" He sat next to me.
"My parents will be joining us for Christmas dinner."