Chapter 17

Arden

I did not spent anytime sleeping. I could hear Oliver and his dad talking about something. I looked out the window and it was raining really hard. I sighed and woke up. His room was well lit even without the actual lights on. I got up and took a book from his book shelf. Dealing with depression by Samual Dean. I opened the book and there were notes on every page. I put the book back in its original place and got back in the bed. "I'm going to bed, switch of the porch lights once you go to bed ." Spencer said. I heard his foot steps fade away. I got up and took my laptop with me to work. I got down stairs and Oliver was watching Law and Order. "Hey is it cool if I work for a bit."
"Sure, would you like anything from the kitchen?"
"Sure I'll have some water." I asked him. I watched his large body walk into the kitchen.

We sat in silence for a good hour.
"Arden I'm going to talk and you're going to listen. " He spoke to me as if in fear of what I might say. I nodded.
"My brother is coming later today for Christmas and I really don't want to see him." He paused and looked at me then back to the tv. "I found him with my ex girlfriend a few months ago. He calls me but I never pick up. His never been much of a brother. This thing with Harper I just don't know what I'm going to do when I see  him..." The last part of his sentence faded as if he came to a realization. I could not reply. I closed my laptop and sat right next to him. "You don't love your brother?" He looked at me.  "I do it's all very complicated." He gave me a sad look . "I lovd him I just can't be around him."
"Well when I have clients I don't like I always think of something good that they have done. For example there is this man Lukas Waywood. His racist as hell and I'm a black. He talks down to me even though I own half of his company. When he talks so me I  just thing of all the orphanages he helps." Oliver looked at the tv. "It's not much but you have to tolerate your brother." He smiled and went back to watching tv as if we did not just have a heavy conversation. I wanted to ask about his mother but i let it go.