Chapter 27

Arden

I looked at my watch, half passed five. He was late. I sat back down. After walking around in circles for so long. Bradly waits for nobody but keeps everybody else waiting. We were supposed to make an appearance together at his movie premiere. My stylist got me dolled up for nothing. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone.
"Hello-"
"Where have you been!I'm doing this for my father not you!!" I screamed letting all my frustrations out.
"Arden??" He did not sound like Bradley's annoying fake British accent.
"Who is this?"
"Sam." I froze.
"Have you seen Oliver??"
"No..how is he..?" I said. Feeling the weight of my guilt.
"I wouldn't know. I haven't seen my brother in a week."
"A week!"
"Yes. Oliver likes to be left alone and after you two split he...got worse. I'm just worried."
"Have you contacted the police he could be in danger." I got up and pressed the bottom of the elevator.
This is all my fault.
"Where are you?" I said interrupting whatever Sam said.
"Police station in downtown. They won't help me. If signing a form and standing in lines since 5 am is helping."
"I'll be there in a few." I got in the elevator.
"He does this sometimes but he always comes back."
"I...I did this."
There was a long pause.
"We did this..listen I'll call you back."

I ran to my Lamborghini and speed off. I had to do what I've been dreading to do for the last few weeks. I connected my phone to the car. "Call Oliver."
"Calling Oliver." His phone rang.
"The subscriber you have dailed-" I pressed call again.
It rang. Panic began to settle.
"Hello..." He answered his voice was off.
"Who's this?" He sounded faint. His words were slurred.
"Arden." I replied my voice a little weak.
"Arden...my Arden." I speed up ignoring the red light.
"Where are you?"
"I love so much..oh my God I said the l word." He laughed.
"Where are you?" I tried asking him.
"Baby I love you sooo much."
"Oliver please, where are you?"
"I don't know...I see lots and lots of pretty trees." I parked my car and got out. I took my heels off.
"Oliver...I need you to stay on the phone okay."
"Yes love.." He slurred.
I got out the car and ran into the police station. I looked for a familiar face. Sam was talking to an officer.
"Your telling me just because he does this often you won't help me." He frustration evident on his face. "Sam." I called out. He looked at me. "Officer..his on the phone he says he doesn't know where he is." I said handing him my phone.
The officer looked at me skeptically. "I don't have time for this."I grabbed my phone and I walked passed him and into the offices. "Hey your not allowed back here!" He called out but I was already down the hallway. "Mr Glasswood." I called out. My father knew people and I was about to take advantage of that.
A tall skinny man with rather large glasses walked out a room "Yes I'm Glasswood." His voice boomed. It did not suit his rather small figure.
"You know Mr Langar."
He looked at me rather irritated. "I'm his daughter." I stated.
"I need your help finding someone." His mood changed immediately. "Your his kid well I'll be damed." He walked into an office. He gestured for me to sit.
"Tell your friends to let him go his with me." He raised an eyebrow. He gestured his hands and they let Sam go. He huffed and walked into the office. "I'm his brother."
"Who's brother?"
"The person we are looking for." I handed him my phone.
"His on the other line. He doesn't seem okay."
"Oliver.." I spoke.
"Yyyyyessss." He spoke.
"Where are you?"
"I don't know?"
"Name a land mark." Mr Glasswood said while typing on his computer.
"I see the moon."
"I see skys are blue red Rose's tooo I see them bluuueeee." He sang.
"His so high." Sam muttered. Oliver continued to sing while Mr Glasswood was on his computer typing away.
"His location is on that's good." He said. Oliver sang way on the other line. "And I think to myself what a wonderful world." The phone cut off.
"Did he drop the phone??" Sam questioned.
"Yes,his location is still on I'm tracking that it's still loading."
I began pacing. Where are you Oliver?