Chapter 38

Arden

I stood in front of the store.
"Are you sure cause I mean this is huge." Cloe asked.
I walked in to the store.
"He won't see it coming." I walked around. Looking at rings. Cloe began walking around.
"I can't wait to plan your wedding. You and that pretty boy will be on the cover of Vanity fair and Vogue and...oh my god the wedding dress. Ohhhh your children will be so cute your face his eyes."
"Calm down. He might say no."
"To you! Never. I've seen him look at you remember the dinner party last week."
"Yes but it's been months since then. Ever since his mother's funeral his been so open with me and I've been an open book. I know his on Trazadone but still..."
"Good for him."
I pointed at a ring. A simple one.
"His going to love this."
Cloe came running.
"So are you guys gonna you know...fuck. I'm only asking cause you haven't talked about sex in a while and that's how we bond."
"Cloe stop. It's a little different with us. His taking pills and sometimes were on fire and sometimes it's..you know...dry. Plus sex is just the bonus half the time I'm watching him paint or eating or his in my office reading."
"We could still go passed the lingerie store." Cloe said. She pulled me by the arm and dragged me into a store.

I was nervous. I could not breath much. I was standing and watching jellyfish swim around. I couldn't stop pacing around. I booked out the aquarium. I thought it would be nice.
"Hey." Oliver walked in. I wanted to throw up.
"Hey." I wasn't this nervous when I met the president. The things love does to you.
"You wanna walk around." I said playing around with my fingers.
"Sure." He grabbed my hand. Before I'd have to be the one to take his hand but now. He made moves.
We walked around. He knew alot about fish. We both started talking about anything. Just to pass the time. All I was doing was stalling
"So why are we here all alone?"
"You know just to hang out."
"Sure there's nobody in here because you want to hang out. I mean there was that one time in Paris."
I breathed.
"I want to marry you." I said.
He stopped walking and turned to look at me.
"What?"
I took out the small box out of my bag.
"You know here comes the bride."
"Yes I know but.." He looked at me.
"Me?"
"Yes you why not you."
We looked at each other. It was silent.
"So is it a yes or no." I asked. My heart was practically beating in my throat.
"I mean...we have never talked about the future." My heart fell.
I slowly put the box away.
Oliver sat on a chair right in front of the clown fish tank. I sat down right next too him.
"It's a yes but...I don't know what you want. You might not want to be around me in ten years or twenty or a hundred."
I smiled.
"I'll always want you."
"Okay how many kids do you want? "
"Well since I'm having your children five."
"My children" He chuckled.
"Our dna is pretty messed up."
I pulled him closer.
"Don't you see Oliver I don't care all I picture is seven little yous running around and I'm pregnant and your like playing with them."
"Now it's seven."
I pulled his face closer.
"I love you and that's never gonna change. Sure I'll get mad at you and you'll get mad at me but I'll alway want to come home to you."
He just looked at me.
"I mean I loved you the moment I saw you at the bar." He said.
"That's not fair I was drunk out of my mind when we met."
"I was in a really dark place when we met." He pulled away from me.
"Arden I'm not always like this. I'm not alway happy. Sometimes it's hard for me."
"I know."
"Will you love me then?"
"Yes and our ten children."
"Now it's ten!"