Chapter 30

Oliver

I slowly opened my eyes and quickly closed them due to the bright lights. From how heavy my body felt and the beeping of the machines I was in the hospital. I opened my eyes even slower. I looked at the tv and the news was on. It happened again, I lost control. I sat up and tried to get up. My head was pounding but I ignored it. I slowly got up. "Mr Wicca I think it best you rest." A blond nurse walked in and grabbed me by the arm. "I'm fine." I hissed.
"No your not your ribs are still broken and mind you your ankle too." Her tiny body pushed me back on the bed.
"Listen here lady I can leave if I want." I couldn't let my family see me like this I know Sam called dad. This fancy hospital is clearly a sign. "CAN I GO PLEASE!"
I looked at her. She shoved me onto the bed.
"Well sir it's not up to you."
"What do you mean?"
"Well miss Langar told us that you should stay here until your better also that family owns this hospital which means they pay my Bill's so stay in bed." She shut the door. Fuck, fuck she knows. She knows. I closed my eyes. She fucking knows. Did I go see her? What did I tell her? I shot back up. She would have to come her and see me. Fuck.

I spent most of the day awake. I'd eat some of the food they give me. It tasted like cold rubber. Evertime Sam or dad came to visit I'd pretend to be asleep. It became part of my routine. Whenever anyone I know was around I'd pretend to be asleep. The truth is I couldn't sleep. Hell I couldn't remeber the last time I was this nervous. So nervous to the point that everytime I closed my eyes she would be all I see. It was 4 in the morning and I was watching some horror movie and eating green jelly. It's the only nice thing this hospital had. There was a small knock at the door. "Come in." Was all I said. It was probably that small blond nurse that hates me. I looked up and instead it was Arden standing there. She wore a long black dress and a large denim jacket. She was holding flowers. I quickly looked away. I focused on the small tv in front of me.
"I..got you flowers. I don't know if you like them" I kept my mouth shut. I did not want to say something hurtful. I couldn't bringmyself to even look at her. I bit my nails an old habit seemed to be coming back.
"I guess I deserve the silent treatment."
I did not know what to say. I wasn't even trying to be rude. I  looked at her. She stood right in front of me I had no chose but to look at her.
"The truth is I was scared. I'd become so comfortable around you that I forgot I had responsibilities." She took ahold of my face and moved even closer. "Listen I'm not the type of person that cares about others much. Sure I have friends and family but men have never been a priority to me so when you came along I was stunned." Arden moved my hair out og my face."I was obsessed with getting to know you. All these feelings scared me. I just, when you went missing I dropped everything and ran. I realized I wasn't scared of my feelings I was scared because." She moved away from me as if she was worried. I tried to smile. I was trying to make senses of everything she was saying.
"Because what?" I said trying to get off the bed.
Arden placed her hand on mine.
"Because I care about you."
She sat on the bed and I sat right next to her. "I'm really into you." I could barely hear those words. "I'm into you too." I said it. I never say it. I make people figure it out and if they don't I walk away.
"No you don't get it I'm inlove with you."