Chapter 1: Sam is a problem

All rights reserved. Don't copy. This is my original work so on and so forth.

Oliver

I sat at the far end of the small bar. I was sitting alone, I looked at my art portfolio for the hundredth time that evening. I drank more of my coffee. The Gillmore Gallery rejected my art for what feels like the hundredth time . Outside the rain was pouring. More people walked into the bar probably trying to stay away from the rain. My phone began to ring. I just watched the notification on my phone.
SAM IS CALLING. Sam had the nerve to call me instead of meet face to face. I looked back at my portfolio completely ignoring my phone.

I sighed, for someone guilty my brother sure as hell wants me to forgive him. Finding your girlfriend and your brother naked and having fun in your apartment is not something I want to talk about with him. What can he say that will make me forgive him? I pulled my hair. My phone rang again. This time mom was calling. God my family smothers me. I finished what's left of my coffee. The doors to the bar opened. I don't know why I looked but I did. She walked in with a group of friends. She was so beautiful. She had an afro that was pulled back with a hair band. Her brown eyes looked excited for the night, she wore a red dress that complemented her dark skin. I slowly sat back down. She had an amazing body. I looked away before she caught me staring at her. I quickly packed all my art pieces. As I walked out I bumped into someone. I quickly mumbled sorry.

My apartment was huge only because the whole building was being renovated. In every corner there was a canvas. Some with a painting and some without. The floors were light wood with cream white walls and a chandelier that could fall at any moment. That's why I never use it. I switched on the TV and some movie was playing. I sat on my bed. I checked my phone for any information on any galleries. Nothing, but mom has called me ten times and Sam eighteen times. Yet my girlfriend has not called once. I looked around for her things and they were still here. I began to pack her things in her bag. She had too many clothes to pack so I placed them in a box. I sat down and drank my medication. I looks at the pills feeling the need to add more. i sighed and drank the pill and calling it a night.

I woke up to a knock on my door.
"OLIVER OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" Harper was banging on my door. I slowly made my way to the door. I did not want to deal with her anymore. "Stop shouting." I answered. She pushed me out the way. "I'm going to stay with a friend until we work things out." She spoke. My hand squeezed the door handle. "What do you mean work things out." I spoke. "We need to talk about this." She said taking the box. "There is nothing to talk about." I said my voice getting slower. "Look at you Oly getting all high and mighty, you and I are going to work things out because you will never have anybody else." I looked at her. "I'm all you have." She said slamming the door in my face. I sighed. "Bitch." I mumbled.

Just then my phone rang again. I answered. "Yes."
" Just listen Oliver I... we...we need to talk I'm sorry okay let's meet up." Sam babbled on. I quickly hung up. Harper's voice replayed in my mind. I'm all you have. She was right I had never really had a girlfriend in all my 23 year old life.