Chapter 16

Oliver

She walked into my room. "So food is ready." My bedroom was somewhat of a mess. The walls were a dark red with all my old sketches on them. My bedroom had no working lights. I don't know why but I think it is because dad never got to fixing them. So in middle school I just used Christmas lights in my room. My bed was in the corner of my room right under the window. " Your art is basically every where." She sat on the bed and looked at one off the walls. "Who is this?" It was a drawing of Kyle. I smiled. " That's an old friend... let's go eat." I took the paper and placed it back on my bedroom wall. "Your bedroom as a feel to it. You probably listened to Nirvana." I smiled. "Yeah maybe even evanescence." I said. We walked out my room together. "Bring me to life." Arden sang.

Liz's food was amazing half the time dad and Arden were talking. Liz and I never really talk much. "So how did you two meet." Dad finally asked me. " We met at a... bar." I answered. "And?" Dad stressed out. "Well we hung out and now we are here." I drank my juice. Arden cleared her throat. " I saw his art and I searched for him online."
"Really?" I was shocked she actually looked for me.
"Yeah your really good."
Instead Liz answered. "He could make it big time." She smiled. " I know right I mean even his sketches and doodles are good." Just like that Liz and Arden were talking non stop. Dad tapped my back. " Wanna go watch tv."
"Sure." I smiled.
We sat and watched two and a half men. Dad handed me soda. "She seems good I mean Liz likes her and you know her she does not like anyone." I opened the can and sat back." Truth be told I don't know what her and I are doing."
"What do you mean?"
I began staring at the tv. "I don't know dad I mean...I like her." He sighed and stayed silent.

Liz walked back in to the living room." Would you boys like any desert."
"Sure honey."
"I'll have coffee with no sugar or milk." I answered her. She walked back into the kitchen.

I laid out the bed. " It gets really cold here so I gave you an extra blanket." I  looked at Arden. "Thanks I'll go take a shower."
"Cool." Liz made sure I use the guest room. I think she thinks that Arden and I are that comfortable with each other. "Goodnight, sleep tight by the way Dad and Liz wake up early." I closed the door. Dad was still watching tv. I sat next to him. In comfortable silence.