Chapter 42

"When are you going to go shopping for Prom, you do realise that it is only two weeks away?", Stacie crossed her arms as she looked over the boys and Beca that were sitting in her best friends living room.

"Huh?", the cheerleaders all rolled their eyes at Beca's answer, growing increasingly annoyed when none of the boys or the soccer captain would take their attention away from the TV that had the game playing.

Sophie picked up one of the small pillows from the couch in front of her, throwing it at Beca to make her focus. "This is important", she shouted.

"What the fuck do you want?", Beca looked over at the cheerleaders, noticing Chloe roll her eyes again.

"Watch this", she whispered to Sophie and Stacie next to her before walking over and wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's neck. "Baby, I haven't got a free house Prom night anymore"

Beca's mouth hung open as she looked up at her cheerleader, the feeling of her mouth instantly going dry and needing to gulp. "W-What..", she stuttered then noticing a few of the girls start to laugh behind them.

"I'm joking", Chloe winked, leaning forward to kiss her on the cheek, "But if you don't get your outfit for Prom sorted then I'll make sure my parents don't go away for the weekend, ruining all of your plans"

"I can't do anything until you show me your dress, Chlo", Beca glared at the cheerleaders, looking away when Sophie poked her tongue out at her, "You show me your dress tonight once you've gone shopping and I promise to get it sorted this week"

"I can't show you my dress but I will tell you the colour", Chloe leaned down to softly peck her soccer star's lips before stepping away. "Okay, let's go, they'll be fine", she smiled at the rest of the girls, leading the way out of the house for the day to go dress shopping.

"I hate you", Beca shook her head as Sophie walked past.

"No you don't", the blonde winked and pushed Beca's face on her way out of the room, smirking to herself as she followed the rest of her team.

The soccer captain turned back to the game that she had been watching before being rudely interrupted. "Has anyone else's date turned psycho the closer we're getting to Prom?", she laughed with the rest of the boys, leaning forward to grab her drink from the table.

"Oh yeah, my date has given me a no-sex rule until the night because she wants to make it special", Derek spoke up and the room burst into loud laughter as they teased him. "Shut up, she's hot so it'll be worth it"

"You asked someone yet?", Beca turned to her brother sat next to her, speaking quieter now.

Tom nodded, moving in his seat to face the smaller brunette, "I figured I'd take Jessica, seeing as our group is going together anyway and she didn't have a date"

"Sounds good, dude", she bumped fists with him before running a hand through her hair, "Hey, can I tell you something?"

"Anything", he smiled softly, noticing the distressed look on her face, "What's up?"

"I got offered a scholarship for UCLA", Beca couldn't hold back the small smile stretching across her face when she saw the way her brother's face lit up in excitement.

"Holy shit! That's amazing Bec", he pulled his twin forward, crushing her in a hug as they both laughed now. "Have you told Chloe yet?"

The smile on her face instantly dropped then at the mention of Chloe, she looked at the floor in shame. "No, I know what's going to happen when I tell her"

"What do you mean?", he nudged his sister to get her to look back up at him.

"She has her heart set on going to NYU, when I tell her that I've been offered a scholarship to a college all the way on the other side of the country it's going to crush her", she sighed again, shaking her head.