Chapter 5

Friday night was the first football game of the year as well as the first party held afterwards at Shaun's house. Chloe had been practising with the cheerleading squad all week, after finding out on Wednesday that she had made the squad, preparing for the game today. As well as getting close to the rest of the girls on the squad this week, Chloe had also grown a lot closer to her friends, including Tom and Beca. The redhead found herself wanting to gravitate more towards the shorter but funnier twin, trying to hold in her laughter when Beca would get told off in class constantl. However, as soon as she'd get close to Beca and felt that she was finally breaking down the walls that the brunette held so high around her, Jasmine seemed to be there to push them miles apart. Whereas, with Tom everything was so much easier. He was cute, funny, smart, helpful, kind and never showed any interest in other girls when he was with Chloe. The cheerleader found herself liking the quarterback more and more and was excited to see him play tonight for the first time against a rival school.

In the tunnel, that was situated outside of the changing rooms, Chloe would be stood in her cheerleading uniform with Stacie, Aubrey, Jess and the rest of the squad waiting for the football team to make their way into the tunnel with them. "What Beca sees in that girl I do not know?", Stacie would roll her eyes before nodding her head, making Chloe turn around to see the brunette talking to Jasmine once again.

"I think she sees an easy target", Jess would laugh with her and the other girls now.

For not the first time this week, Chloe would feel a knot form in her stomach as she'd watch Beca move closer to Jasmine so that the cheerleader was pressed up against the wall. She'd clench her jaw, still watching, as Beca would lean in closer to whisper, something that was no doubt about what they'd get up to later tonight, in her ear and then start to place kisses down her neck.

"Mitchell! Leave my cheerleader alone, she needs to be focused on our routine rather than you right now", the captain shouted across the hallway at them, making both of the girls stop and look over.

"Chill Posen, I was just waiting for Tom to wish him luck", Beca tried to lie casually by smirking and then crossing her arms. The soccer star would then let her eyes lock on Chloe, her heart beating faster as she'd take in the cheerleading outfit and then feel herself gulp at the sight of the short shorts and tight tank top, hugging perfectly to her body.

"Well as you can see, the team isn't here yet so you can just go and find your seat instead and I'm sure we can let him know that you stopped by to show your support", glaring at the smaller girl who'd continue to smirk back at her, the blonde would start to grow more frustrated.

"Whatever", Beca shrugged her shoulders before putting her hands in the pockets of her black leather jacket. "I'll see you later at the party", she'd wink at Chloe discreetly before smiling at Stacie and then walking off down the tunnel.

"Bye baby", Jasmine would wave and bounce up and down.

"Urgh", both Stacie and Jess would groan in disgust at the same time, causing the rest of the girls to laugh at them.

A few minutes later, the football team could be heard shouting and chanting as they'd come out of the changing rooms and start to line up in the tunnel. The seniors and captains would all line up one behind the other, next to a cheerleader that would be their walkout partner. Chloe would be stood next to Jason, a senior and one of the wide receivers on the team, she'd smile politely at him before glancing over her shoulder to see Tom walking her way.

"Hey, you look incredible in that uniform", the quarterback shot her that dazzling smile as he'd check her out, making Chloe blush lightly. "You sure you wanna be Jason's walkout instead of mine?", he'd smirk and notice Jason roll his eyes at his captain.