Chapter 27

Shoutout to mlclrss who made this awesome cover for Off Limits! Make sure you're following my Instagram @pitchslapped2208 for Q&A's about anything and everything!
———————————————————————

Beca got home that night, unsure of how to feel. She rolled her eyes when she thought back to how he seemed to not like her for some reason. Dropping her keys into the small bowl by the door she sighed while walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Bec", she jumped at the sound of her brother's voice, seeing him immediately as she'd walk into the room.

"You scared the shit out of me dude", Beca held a hand to her chest.

Tom laughed a little as he watched his sister grab a bottle of water from the fridge. "I'm sorry"

The soccer star froze with the opened bottle in her hand as she stared back at her twin brother. "Yeah uh.. Me too", she smiled a little after putting the bottle down on the side.

"I was an idiot and messed everything up but I don't want to fight with you", he got up from where he was sitting now. "We've never fought over a girl before and it's not going to happen now", he smirked.

"You're gonna hug me aren't you?", Beca raised an eyebrow as she looked up at the quarterback. "Truce?", she held her hand out,

"Come here, loser", he pulled on his sister's hand immediately wrapping his other arm around her neck so she was squashed against his chest. Tom laughed when he felt the smaller brunette punching and trying to push his stomach to escape his grip.

Beca laughed now when she finally pushed him away and was able to breathe normally again. The twins continued to laugh with each other as they calmed down. "So, where were you tonight?"

Beca choked on her water then, turning round to face the sink instead of her brother. "I, uh..", she turned back round to face him, crossing her arms as she leaned back against the counter. "I was at Stacie's"

"Becs, you don't have to hide it from me", Tom crossed his arms now, mimicking his sister as he smirked.

"Alright fine, I was at Chloe's for dinner", she awkwardly looked at the floor, rubbing the back of her neck.

"How is she?", the quarterback mumbled quietly.

Beca looked up from her feet to see him staring back at her, the hurt still evident in his eyes. "She seems alright, man", she'd shrug her shoulders, feeling the awkward tension rise in the air.

"You met her parents?", he ran a hand through his hair.

"Oh yeah, her Dad is a real delight", the soccer captain roller her eyes watching him laugh back at her.

"He'll come around to you", he shook his head and Beca couldn't help but be surprised by how okay Tom was about everything. "You've got that Mitchell charm that wins everyone over"

"Got that right dude", she smirked. "Are you alright with uhm.."

"Becs", Tom shrugged his shoulders while shaking his head, "I think we both know that she was never mine to begin with"

The shorter brunette nodded slowly as her gaze moved away from Tom. "I dunno man, she's definitely too good for either of us", thinking about the redhead brought a smile to her face.

"Just don't be an idiot and don't worry about me either", he tapped her on the shoulder as he walked past to head upstairs to bed.

...