Chapter 40

A week later and everyone was celebrating the fact that it was Spring Break. Friday night, Beca surprised Chloe with another date under the stars. This time though Beca had driven Chloe to their usual spot by their pier where they had a picnic on the beach, wrapped themselves up in a blanket and talked everything through. Beca explained from start to finish the conversation with Stacie at the start of the year that brought up the whole 'bet' idea. The soccer star hated to watch Chloe cry but when the redhead nodded for her to keep talking, Beca tried to remember that they needed to bring up all of the hurt and emotions to be able to move on from it together. Chloe spoke about the pain she felt when she had to hear the truth from Jasmine instead of her own girlfriend along with her worries and anxiety that something similar would happen again. The soccer star captain promised that she would never lie to the cheerleader ever again and once the tears were dried and the crying stopped, they made up for lost time the best way they knew how.

The next day, Beca was currently sitting on her girlfriend's bed rolling her eyes as she looked down at Chloe lying on her stomach and reading from a textbook. "I thought when you said I could come over to help you pack, that was code word for 'Please Beca have sex with me'", she threw her hands up in the air before crossing her arms and shaking her head.

Chloe smirked, looking over her shoulder, "I told you that we needed to get some studying in before we left for Stacie's birthday"

"Again, 'studying' is a code word for sex", the soccer star watched her cheerleader move and crawl up the bed until she was sat in her lap.

"We have had sex every night this week ever since your Championship game, you can't go more than an hour with trying to feel me up and I think my Dad heard us last time so now I'm scared to see him in case he tries to kill you", Chloe raised an eyebrow, locking her arms around Beca's neck as she felt the brunette's hand softly rubbing up and down her thigh.

"I can't help it, princess", she shrugged, "I told you that we had a lot of making up to do"

Chloe giggled, leaning forward to place a quick kiss on Beca's lips before pulling away before her girlfriend could deepen the kiss.. "Well, we also have normal conversations to catch up on"

"Like what?", the soccer captain smirked as she leaned up to place searing kisses against her beautiful redhead's neck.

"L-Like", she felt Beca smile against her skin, knowing that she was slowly giving in, "Like what has happened with your college applications", Chloe pushed her girlfriend back by the chest, biting on her lip when she watched her roll her eyes again.

"Uhh.. I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLA and the other colleges and I'm slowly working on a demo CD to send to this music guy", Beca tried to push forward again to reignite the kiss, instead growling when Chloe held her by the shoulders. "Urgh, seriously, Chlo, come on..", she laughed a little, letting her head fall back on the headboard she was sat up against.

"What the hell are you talking about? You just told me you're making a demo CD", Chloe excitedly bounced off of Beca's lap, moving to straddle the brunette instead. "Who is this music guy you met?"

"Some guy called Theo..", the soccer star placed her hands on Chloe's waist, laughing now, "He heard me singing on the pier the other week, told me he was a music producer, gave me his business card and said once I've made a demo to contact him", she shrugged casually, as if it was a big deal.

"Can you play any other instruments?"

"My Mum taught me the piano when I was younger but I don't play it as much as the guitar", she softly brushed her hands up Chloe's sides, noticing the change in her girlfriend's expression.