Chapter 2

Later on that day, Beca would be walking into her second class of the day, English, which she hated the most. Being dyslexic her whole life the brunette didn't enjoy the subject due to always struggling with reading and writing. However, she never told anyone because she didn't want the sympathy and pity looks throughout her whole life when it came to writing or reading anything. Only Stacie knew of her struggles and she refused to tell her teachers because she knew that they would just see it as an excuse from her to do less work.

As she'd enter the room she'd walk straight towards the back of the classroom, sitting in the same seat she has occupied the last three years that she has had this teacher. Beca would drop her bag on the floor under her chair, immediately bringing her head down to rest on the table, her arms acting as a cushion as she'd close her eyes.

"Are you seriously having a nap already on the first day of school?"

"Bite me Swanson! I got woken up by the golden child this morning way earlier than I needed to, so I'm resting my eyes till class starts", she'd grumble out, hearing him laugh now as he'd take a seat at the desk next to hers.

"You know Miss Bryce doesn't like it when you sleep in her class", he'd answer back to her, taking out his notebook and pencil case from his bag, placing them both on the table as he'd look around at the room, noticing that it was slowly filling up.

"Well is she here yet?", Beca would keep her eyes closed, smirking to herself as she'd already know the answer to her question.

"No?", he'd sound confused.

"Then shut up and let me sleep", she'd snap back at him, instantly making him go quiet.

The next few minutes, Miss Bryce would enter the room along with the rest of the students, not noticing Beca still 'resting her eyes' at the back of the room as the older women would start to write something on the whiteboard. When the bell would ring to signal the start of class, Beca would groan quietly in her seat before moving her head off the table as she'd look for her own notebook in her bag, still keeping her eyes down.

"Okay class, welcome back from the summer, I hope you all had a lovely break but I also hope you are all ready to work hard in your last year of high school", the teacher would smile as she'd turn around to face the class now.

Her hopes and wishes would be met with low grumbles and tiredness amongst the rest of the class, sparking a conversation now between friends all over the room. "I don't understand how teachers can be so happy on the first day back", Beca would laugh at Jesse's observation as she'd run a hand through her hair.

"Probably cause they're all hooked up on coffee, they don't even realise that they have to spend the next 9 months trying to teach us irrelevant shit that we aren't even going to need once we leave", Beca would continue the joke with one of her closest friends, not hearing the door of the classroom open again now and a student crashing into the room, out of breath.

"H-Hi, I'm r-really sorry but I-I couldn't find my way around and-", Chloe would be holding her hand up, apologising profusely to Miss Bryce, one hand on her chest as she'd be breathing heavily from running.

Beca would stop laughing now to look at the front of the classroom, seeing the same redheaded girl from this morning in the hallway. She'd let her eyes rake over her body once again, taking in the curves and dips that seemed to be in all of the right places, making Beca think if she had ever seen someone look so perfect.

"It's okay, don't worry, I'll let you off this time seeing as it's the first day and you must be the new student that's joining us", the older woman would smile once again, trying to reassure the girl. "Why don't you quickly introduce yourself to the rest of the class?"