Chapter 32

The end of February meant that school had been back for around a month and things since the madness of Christmas break had started to calm down and get back to normal. Chloe had gone to her grandparents for Christmas, which was apparently a tradition in her family, where she spent Christmas Eve, the big day and Boxing Day with all of her extended family. Beca felt a little relieved when Chloe mentioned that she didn't have to go with her, not knowing if she would be able to handle that many Beale's in one go. Instead Beca, as always, had a quiet Christmas spent with Tom, her Dad and his new girlfriend Sheila and her daughter Emily.

When Ben Mitchell had first told the twins about his new girlfriend, neither Beca or Tom knew how to react or take the news. It was safe to say that Tom seemed to warm up to the idea of their father dating again, quicker than Beca who couldn't get the idea of her Dad betraying their Mom out of her head for a while. After spending Christmas with them, Beca soon realised that her Dad seemed a lot happier, something she hadn't seen since her Mom passed away three years ago.

Sheila didn't force or pressure either of the twins into a relationship with her but Beca didn't mind having another person around the house, especially since they were a better cook than her Dad. She still didn't know quite know what to make of Sheila's daughter Emily, her first impressions being that the tall, smiley brunette would become annoying. However, she was starting to get used to both of their companies and if her Dad was happy with Sheila then it meant less lectures about the future and college aimed her way.

Things going back to normal counted for friendships in that since Beca and Chloe had started to become more official, the awkwardness around Tom lessened. The quarterback started to hang out with the normal gang of friends again, which both Beca and Chloe were thankful for. Speaking of the redhead and soccer star, things couldn't be better between the two. Beca continued to spoil Chloe with presents, compliments and unbelievable dates including Valentines last week, a day that Chloe was still not over.

Beca went all out for the first time on Valentines Day which was a massive shock to her friends. From the second that Chloe got to school she did not stop receiving different surprises, gifts and public displays of affection that brought her an audience of attention. The cheerleader couldn't believe that Beca had managed to do all of these things, from balloons and roses in her locker to a flash mob at lunch with a dance dedicated to her. The small whispers and mumbles that Chloe would sometimes catch in the hallways nearly two weeks later were still reminiscing that day.

Chloe had helped Beca with sending off her college applications as well as checking hers for what Beca said "must be the hundredth time" before sending them. With playoffs coming up next week Beca and Tom both knew that their birthday party tonight would be the last time to have fun before the real work and pressure started. Knowing that their own house wouldn't be big enough for both Beca and Tom's friends, Shaun, the wide receiver from the football team, offered up his huge house to host.

When Beca walked in that night with Chloe's arm linked through her own and the redhead's hand clasped round her bicep, she knew right then and there that this girl was out of her league. Glancing between her own outfit of vans, ripped jeans, a black t-shirt underneath a camo jacket and a baseball cap and then over to Chloe in her pink body fitted dress that had a small slit up her right leg, spaghetti straps and left her cleavage to no imagination, she knew that she didn't deserve her for one second.

 Glancing between her own outfit of vans, ripped jeans, a black t-shirt underneath a camo jacket and a baseball cap and then over to Chloe in her pink body fitted dress that had a small slit up her right leg, spaghetti straps and left her cleavage...