Chapter 31

"Just because Lambert High School's loss earlier on today means that you are through to the playoffs-", Coach started to give his pregame speech before being interrupted.

"Hell yeah!"

"Woo!"

Beca rolled her eyes as she kept her back to the team, trying to stay focused by staring into her locker and hyping herself up. "Who gives a shit if there's scouts out there watching you? Just forget about them and play like you always do"

"But", Coach drug out the word to get the team's attention again, "You still need to win today to get the top seed in the playoffs", he looked around at each player before focusing on Beca who had slowly turned back round to face him. "Don't let this season's hard work go to waste all because you've celebrated too early", he locked eyes with his captain now, both nodding at each other. "Break it down, Mitchell"

All eyes switched to the smaller brunette, who in herself felt a lot more ready and confident for the game now. "We know what we need to do! And we know how to do it!", she put her closed fist into the air and waited a second for everyone to follow suit before speaking again, "Win on me, win on three! One, two, three.."

"Win!"

The team shouted back before everyone started chanting and getting each other hyped up as they left the locker room and jogged out to the field. Beca waited for everyone to leave as she followed on behind, walking instead of jogging and keeping her head down as she came out of the tunnel and tried to ignore the sound of the bleachers cheering and applauding the team.

The soccer captain closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she stood at the edge of the field. Nothing and nobody could break her focus right now on the game ahead of her, except for one beautiful redhead that Beca hadn't noticed was standing in front of her right now, a mix of worried and curious.

"What are you doing?", Beca jumped at the sound of Chloe's voice, her hand instantly going to her chest while her eyes shot open and head shot up to look back at the cheerleader.

"Holy shit! You scared me, Chlo", the brunette finally allowed herself to take in her surroundings. She noticed the other team finishing their warm up, the officials talking to her Coach, the fans screaming from the bleachers, the cheerleading team performing on the sideline and three very important looking people sat in the stands looking straight back at her in that moment.

"Are you alright?", Chloe stepped forward to wrap her arms around Beca's neck and relaxed a little when the soccer star moved her hands down to her waist and looked back at her. "Beca Mitchell isn't nervous is she?", she smirked before biting down on her lip, noticing the smile stretching across Beca's face now.

Glancing down at the floor for a second before looking back up, all of Beca's nerves seemed to disappear and she forgot about the scouts in the stand and the pressure that was on her shoulders. "Only you can make me nervous, Beale", she winked before leaning forward to place a soft kiss against her lips, "That cheerleading outfit is kind of distracting though", Beca mumbled against Chloe's lips and pulled away when she heard her start to laugh.

"You need to go before you get in trouble", Chloe quickly kissed her again before stepping back.

"Wish me luck?", Beca smiled once more as she noticed her team start to gather on the sideline.

"You don't need it", the redhead winked before turning and skipping back to her squad that was coming out of their drinks break.

...

Midway through the second half Beca had been playing the best she had all of senior year. Picking up the ball once more just over halfway, she quickly spotted a run being made inside by Jason. She chipped the ball into the air and hit it with enough power that it lifted over the top of the defenders heads, perfect for her teammate to run on to.