Chapter 8

That same day, the group of friends minus Tom and Chloe, were sat around their usual table at lunch, complaining about the standard school dramas. "Where is the away game this weekend?", Stacie would change the subject of the conversation as she'd look inbetween Jesse and Beca now, both who were stuffing their mouths with lunch.

"It's against Jefferson, which is about a 2 hour drive", Jesse would answer first, seeing as Beca was trying to keep her head down and avoid any conversation. The brunette had been quiet all day and her friends had noticed, but didn't want to bring it up in case she would snap and become even more angry. But if there was one person that would push and plug away until they got an answer, Beca knew that she could always count on that one person.

"Are you just going to ignore me all day?", Stacie would nudge her shoulder against her best friend next to her, causing for Beca's drink to spill a little when the brunette had lifted the can towards her lips.

"Watch it Conrad or next time I spill this drink it'll be over your head instead", Beca bit back at her, looking up to see Chloe and Tom enter the cafeteria now and make their way over to grab their tray of food.

"Well if you just told me what was wrong then I wouldn't have to keep asking your moody ass", Stacie rolled her eyes again. The tall brunette would look down at her best friend once more, noticing that she was watching something and when she then followed Beca's line of sight to see that she was in fact watching Chloe and Tom, who were stood laughing and holding hands while paying for their lunch, she'd smirk. "I knew it", she mumbled loud enough for only Beca to hear as the rest of her friends had started a new conversation without them.

"Knew what? How many times do I have to tell you that I'm fine, just having a bit of an off day", Beca would try to casually shrug her shoulders as she'd finally look away from the couple who was making their way towards the table.

"Yeah, sure thing Bec", Stacie sarcastically pat her on the back, "But when you finally realise that what your feeling is jealously then come back to me", she'd whisper into her ear quietly as Tom and Chloe then sat down opposite them.

"Fuck off", Beca would roll her eyes and push Stacie playfully away from her, keeping the scowl on her face as she'd go back to looking down, this time scrolling through her phone instead.

"Hey, you guys get set that assignment in English?", Tom looked around the whole group, quickly noticing that Beca was still in a bad mood from earlier.

"Yeah, I got partnered with Bumper, although I don't know how much work we'll actually get done", Fat Amy would bite down on her lip and smirk.

"I can't believe you're still sleeping with him.. actually no, I can't believe he is still with you when you've rejected his ass twice when he asked you to be his girlfriend", Stacie then shook her head.

"What can I say? I can't be tied down to just one guy, I like to fly solo like Shawshank over there", Fat Amy would then throw a pea from her tray that bounced off of Beca's forehead, causing the brunette to look up and see the whole table looking and laughing at her.

"Whatever", she'd mumble and cross her arms.

"Beca, when did you want to start working on the assignment?", Chloe would speak up for the first time and nervously look ahead at the girl who sat across from her.

"Wait, you two got put together?", Tom would point at his girlfriend and then over to his twin, who rolled her eyes once more.

"Yeah, is there a problem with that Tommy?", she'd use his childhood nickname that she knew he hated, smirking as she'd notice his jaw clench.

"No, I just feel sorry for Chloe that's all", he'd put his arm around the redhead, "You know that she won't do any of the work right?", he'd look down at his girlfriend.