Chapter 11 - Welcome to Spades Society

DAVID

To be honest, nagkaroon ako ng kaba ngayong kailangan kong ipaliwanag ang lahat kay Anna. It's so hard keeping everything a mystery. She's just so curious about everything. Natatakot ako. But she has to know everything. Including the Society.

But then I remember, she's the most important member of the revolution. She just doesn't know. And I am not revealing it to her anytime soon.

Kung gusto kong magtiwala pa siya sa akin, I have to be careful with my explanations. My talent of convincing, that's it!

May naalala muli ako. Nung nag panggap umiyak si Anna kaninang umaga. Gusto kong tumawa sa mga panahong 'yon. I mean, just the way she pretends. She thought that she fooled me, yet I fooled her again. Instead of revealing to her how unsatisfying her acting was, I used that to make her come to the cafe.

"Effective?" Lumakas ang boses niya. "Then why is Ria acting like a normal savage?" ani Anna.

"That's all part of the effects of the Sound Wave. Actually, don't call it sound waves anymore. It's called Vance Steven.53. Or V.S. 53 for short." Kinailangan ko nang sabihin sa kanya.

Hindi siya makapaniwala sa mga sinabi ko. It's like I told her magic do exist.

"P-paano? Who made that? Vance Stevens?"

"Vance Stevens is a scientist. That's all you need to know."

"David, sagutin mo ang tanong ko. Who in the world is your Dad and Vance freaking Stevens? Who are You?"

Tumaas ang mga balahibo ko sa tanong niya. I felt like I was in an interrogation room. But I trained for this. I can do this.

Huminga ako ng malalim. "Let's just say, I work for an organization. Remember the word Society? It has something to do with it. I think it's time for you to meet the HRD in this town."

Hindi siya satisfied sa sagot ko. Her face was getting serious every minute. I'm starting to sweat. Until I saw a man in a tuxedo.

"Duck!" Kaagad kong ibinaba ang ul0 ni Anna at nagtago sa ilalim ng lamesa.

"What the Hell David!" Sigaw ni Anna. Poor Anna. She's confused.

Mas lalong nagtaka si Anna nang makita niya ang mga waiter ng cafe ay pumunta sa may pinto. Biglang may narinig kaming pumutok.

"Is that a gun?" Naiiritang tanong ni Anna.

That man who wears a tuxedo is from an organization called Ghost Corps, one of Spade Society's biggest enemies. Sila ay kilala bilang supplier ng mga weapons and secrets sa mga nagbabayad sa kanila. They also have men who assassinate people, called The Men in Tuxedo.

I know that man. His name is Phantom. No one knows his real name. Kalbo, with black eyes, with a scar on his right cheek. This man's a real killer. He is Spade Society's number one target. I don't know why I just saw him. Is he targeting me? How did he know that I was part of this?

Nagbabarilan ang dalawang sides. Ang mga waiters, may hawak na ngayong mga baril. Kaagad kong nakita ang ilang customers ay naglabas na rin ng baril at sinubukang patayin si Phantom, na nagtatago sa isang sasakyan. Nagtakbuhan ang lahat ng mga nasa paligid. Nakita ko si Anna na umiiyak na sa takot.

"Hey, wag kang umiyak."

"What the Hell David! May nagbabarilan!"

Hindi pa siya handa sa mga ganito. So are the other members. We are not prepared. We have to coordinate with Spade Society. I have to contact Victor Nixon. I think it's time.