Chapter 35

I was sitting in the bed of the temporary shelter for the day. Mr. Rodriguez wasn't back yet. He had gone for a while now. He was busy to short out his new found wealth and finding a way to conceal his tracks so that no one know where he was. 

Or what he was doing, I wanted to know where my father is, it had been days since I had received any letter from him. Or my sister Dana, I don't know where she is either, every time I asked, they said she is safe but sometimes I cannot help but find it awfully convenient the way she just disappeared right before we embarked on to this journey.

I walked towards the door unable to wait anymore. I know he is still lying about his whereabouts. I was about to open the door when it opened and came in Mr. Rodriguez in bloody state. What happened to him? And how he managed to get himself hurt again and again. "What happened? Where is Ibrahim?" I asked. "He is resting, he was injured in last battle gravely so I decided to be alone and let him recover."

"And what about me? You could have told me Mr. Rodriguez before jumping into the danger yourself." I said. "I could have but that wouldn't have been wise knowing you too were in life threatening situation because of me." I looked into his green eyes. They held no lie in them. He was concerned. And it had concerned me a lot. So that means being his wife I will not be his partner in adventure? So was this one was the last one we ever had together?

I stood up and took some wash cloth and water to clean his wounds. I opened his coat and shirt looking at the gash. I slowly cleaned it and he didn't even flinch. It is like he is immune to every kind of pain there is. "No, my little girl not of every kind of pain imaginable. I am not immune of the pain which comes with a beating heart." I gasped. I didn't mean to thought out loud again. But I did and he was there to catch me in that vulnerable moment.

"Sorry I didn't mean to talk that way Mr. Rodriguez. I was just concerned about you that is all." I said trying to salvage the situation. "That is, it isn't it Love?" he asked. "Yes, did you find what you have been looking for? What is our next move then?" I asked. "Our next move is going home and gathering intel and reinforcement. You will be surprise that given the right encouragement and incentive, what you can make people do for you a thing you have to learn to run a big empire such as mine." I gasped as he touched my lower lip.

"What do you mean by running your empire was what Williams said was true? Am I the heir to your empire tell me the truth Christin?" I said pulling his hand away from my face "If I said yes then? Will it spook you too much? I trust you Katherine. Believe me when I say this in my profession you can make more enemies then you make friends and a trustworthy person is hard to find."

 "James is your friend too so why not him" He chuckled. "As I said given incentive and encouragement a person can surpass your imagination about him. He has both Incentive and encouragement Love." I don't understand, was he talking about what James told me earlier in the village?

"What you did that for? I don't want your money. I am not in it for money" He laughed. "You and Ibrahim are the only one not in this for money. So you both are only person whose loyalty cannot be changed love. And that is truly remarkable and rare." He said. He distracted me again from the topic we were discussing. He didn't told me where he went to or how he got injured. He told me nothing almost nothing about his plans. Now what to say about this?

And him not telling me before running off somewhere? Is that how it is going to be always? For him and me? Was it going to be like this after we get married? Is this how my life will finally turn out to be? I felt his finger caressing my skin. "The first thing I need to do is walk you down that aisle and take the vows." The vows which states that I have to obey my husband's command. "The vows, doesn't it say I have to obey you?" I asked. "It does and there is no way around it."