Chapter 21

I was small, and in remembered how Mr. Rodriguez told me that it is my advantage. Though I don't know how on this very moment I am going to apply the same, seeing the brutish pirates are now almost at neck to neck battle with all my crew members, including the captain of the ship. Wait this is my ship, isn't it?

Yes Dimwit, how long it was going to take to figure this simple thing?

I saw a pirate was approaching Mr. Rodriguez from behind, not happening. I aimed my crossbow at his leg and shot precisely piercing his vein rendering him useless, and the best part is, he didn't saw it coming. I hid again as the threat was now neutralized. I think it have to do for now.

I hid behind the barrel shooting the arrows, I think Mr. Rodriguez had taught me few skills very, well and that is how to handle any weapon. It is surely coming in handy in tough spots. I saw James was cornered by two pirates, two for one is not a very even match is it? I shot an arrow and it hit its target, the pirates got distracted for a moment and it was enough for James to overpower them.

Somehow, I think there aren't many left. Either they are too injured to fight or too tired to continue. Our crew is overpowering them. And we are winning. Suddenly I felt everyone look at me and it happened so fast, Mr. Rodriguez pushed me aside, "You alright love?" he asked. "Yes..." I saw him bleeding. "You took the bullet for me again?" I am amazed.

"You think I am letting anyone harm my queen then you are mistaken very much my little Vixen." He told me pushing my hairs back. He took my hand in his and shot an arrow towards a target, I saw that it was a brutish pirate, and he seems to be leading the attack. I wonder if he is the leader.

Mr. Rodriguez got up and gave me his hand, I took it and he pulled up gently. "You dare harm my queen? Surrender now." Mr. Rodriguez's voice was deadly. I have a feeling that his gentle nature only comes out when he is with me. "If I don't then?" Mr. Rodriguez chuckled. "Ibrahim..." He called.

The brooding persona of the seven feet long sabre yielding body guard had materialized and seized the person. "Surrender, now, I will let you live, you all will be pardoned, but if you don't, no one can save you from impending doom which is not somehow preparing itself to unleash on all your heads."

"I am a pirate from Blackbeard Crew, you think I am afraid by the likings of you?" He asked looking at all of us. Blackbeard? Isn't he... I looked at Mr. Rodriguez and his expression says it all, he is thinking the same thing as us. "And we are here to collect a very special prize, your queen, seems like our Pirate king had taken a liking of your woman, and..." Mr. Rodriguez shot the arrow and it pierced his neck. Everyone looked at him horrified. Even the pirates were shivering in fear.

And again, there was no remorse on his face. He didn't feel little bit overwhelmed by the life he had just taken. His body fell down still spasming, blood flowed on the deck, Ibrahim also remained unphased by all these events. "Ibrahim dispose off the body and make sure that someone cleans this mess. Send a message to Royal navy, and tell them that we are going to leave them a present at the next abandon island." "Yes Saheb" Ibrahim said and he bowed.

As Mr. Rodriguez took us to his cabin, I took off his suit jacket carefully. I was silent, and he too was looking at me very silently. This is the second time I have seen him taken a life. And that doesn't makes it easier. Not a bit. Seeing him murder another human being in cold blood makes me question my sanity, makes me question what I am suppose to do, ignore it again and again?

I cut his shirt, and then light the candle I cleaned the wound and then I warmed the needle and sew that. All the time, his gaze was fixed on me. I don't know what he was looking for. I finished it and then bandaged it properly. Through the time he was so much silent, so much silent, he didn't even complain about the pain. And that made me wonder yet again, what kind of person doesn't feel any pain? Any remorse? Any guilt?