Chapter 33

Mr. Rodriguez was looking at me and I was looking at him. "Keep your weapons down." Mr. Rodriguez looked at all his men and gestured them to lay their weapon down. Why or why I always have to be the target, I hate it when they chose me because they think I am a woman, I will be the easiest target of them all. But I am not I pressed myself further against his knife and it broke my skin. I hissed and he looked at me surprised. I took advantage of that.

I kicked on his knee and his hold faltered; I took his hand away from my body twisting his arm away disarming the weapon. He looked shocked. As I pressed the same knife against his throat, "Now, you will take us to your master, or unlike you I will not hesitate to pierce this through his heart," "But...but...but... you are a woman" He said still trying to recover from the shock. "And I am armed and dangerous so your point is?" I asked.

I heard a chuckle and then Mr. Rodriguez held my waist. "Enough my little vixen, you are going to give him a heart attack." I smiled, "Now, he knows better than to think Woman as an easy target." "You are right my love; this is a lesson he will always remember. For rest of his pathetic life, now shall you follow the orders of my queen? Or shall I execute you per her orders?" he asked.

"It is tempting and I am thinking of giving into temptation by every passing minute." I said pressing the knife further, I have to say it is funny to see a powerful man as him being in this position. 

"Yes, I will take you to my Master, just spare me, I have a family home, back in London." So, he is from London. "So, you work as henchmen, why don't you work for us, we will pay you handsomely." He looked at us. "What is your name boy?" Mr. Rodriguez asked. "It is Boris."

"Take us to your now current master, boy. And if you try to alert any of your kin, trust me you will never squeak again." He looked frightened. "Alright, Master, I understand." The boy names Boris said. "Good choice, I see you haven't lost your mind yet." He laid us towards the ruins, so there was someone who was in our party working against us. And I have a feeling they are on to Mr. Rodriguez's plan.

"I have a feeling we let in few spies in our company sir" I said. "Oh, you think Miss Davis? How perceptive of you?" he said looking at me as he still pointed his gun on to Boris's direction. Is he mocking me? I think he knows that already and it was only a mockery.

 "Enough with your mockery" I said. "Finally, I thought you are really dense Miss Davis, but you do understand" Oh I want to kill him now. "Are you describing yourself or me?" I asked. He doesn't look pleased.

"You are..." "We are at the entrance." Boris stopped him in the mid-sentence. We both looked up to the magnificent ruins that lay in front of us. I can imagine when it was a city, it must have been one of a kind. "Miss Davis, I give you the lost city of gold" He whispered into my ear and then followed him inside walking like that his head held high, like a true king.

 And I know in another life he might have conquered all the world if he had wished to. Now, he just wants to conquer the business world. And somewhere I know he will do this. And I might not be significant enough to be his queen, his true companion. As he said he cannot share his all with me. How I can ever become his queen? His true queen?

"We should be cautioned and thread carefully, the ruins are ancient and there is no way of knowing if it is safe." I said. "Wise words, Love, we shall procced with caution." Even if I am not his true queen, every time he used that endearment for me, I feel complete sense of peace to wash over me. "So, how shall we proceed?" I looked at the men who was still at my knife point. And he was shaken visibly. Serves him right to think that I am helpless damsel.

"So, what is the safest route to avoid him and take him by surprise?" I asked. Boris looked at me debating his options in hand probably. He knew that there is only escape is if he runs to his original master, but possibly it will end up in killing himself, because Mr. Rodriguez is very well with guns better than me.