Chapter 32

I saw Mr. Rodriguez was making plans with Hanri, and he didn't told me about it. Any of it. He wasn't talking to me at all. Let alone looking at my way. I know he was angry, I know what I did was reckless but that doesn't means I did it on purpose.

 I wanted to save him and he doesn't wish to understand any of it. It was always his words, his judgement my opinion seems never to matter to him. Why cannot I see that I only wished to do him good?

I walked back into the hut which held too many sweet and bitter memories for me. No matter what I do something had changed and I cannot just unchanged it. "I know you are hurting, Christin is like that if he sets his mind on something, no matter how many times you explains the right thing to him, he never changes his opinion about the subject. It is kind of his fatal fault." James said.

Yes, maybe but still he was afraid of losing me that is why he had said those words. I know that, the pain of losing someone closer to me and the whole truth isn't even clear; I know that my mother's death wasn't natural one. Something had always made me thought how a perfectly healthy person can fall sick like this. It never did make any sense to me how. But somehow, I know something wasn't right about the way she left me alone. She promised she never will, but she didn't keep her promise to me after all.

And now the closest person to me doesn't want to understand why I was afraid. I felt James hand holding mine. "I wanted to warn you many times, but I couldn't seeing you are fond of him, he is just like that, cold and detach, he doesn't care who he hurts as long as he gets what he desires." James said. I pulled my hand away from his.

"Shouldn't you be on his side? I thought friends supposed to be together." I said. "Yes, I am with him but when it comes to the girl I love I cannot seems to see him hurting her, not for anything." I was shocked what was he trying to coney. "Kathy I..." "James, we must begin our journey and this time I want no miscalculations or any kind of unprecedented incidents of befall us" I heard Christin's voice as his eyes met mine.

His words are directed towards you Katherine Davis, he meant to say those words to you.

"Then perhaps you should remove the reason for that unprecedented event first Mr. Rodriguez." I told him. No one but us knows what had happened here, no one but us knows how close we became, that night when I chose to be close to him, let him see me in my most vulnerable moments I wasn't planning on these incidents. Perhaps I wasn't been hurt enough to deserve the happiness his companionship can give to me. Perhaps I am just this, unhappy little girl trying to still find my true purpose here.

"James, meet me at the entrance of village with supplies." Mr. Rodriguez still refused to meet my eyes. Christin was still very angry at me. And all I wanted to do was hold him one last time tell him that I wanted to save him because how much I... 

"Miss Davis, I suggest you keep your suggestions to yourself. Even if I wish to leave behind that only disaster that meant to happen no way that will be good for anyone's health in this village. Besides, I don't want my new allies to become my enemies, just because they don't like the choice of company, I decide to put myself with."

He is right I did put all those people in danger, it was my fault entirely.

"James, I told you to do something don't just stand here and waste my time, my time is precious, remember time is money and money is power." His favorite sentences among millions in English literature. James didn't want to anger him further so he left. Now again him and I are alone and the silence was deafening. I saw him take my hand and apply something on the cut. I didn't knew I cut myself. He unbuttoned my shirt and applied over my skin the same substance.

"Now you see what I meant? You were hurt unnecessarily; I don't like to see your skin marked like this Katherine." He said angrily. "I am fine" I said in a low tone. "yes, I can see that Miss Davis very well. How many times I have to tell you, not to make reckless decision?" I smiled. "You can leave me behind" I suggested. "As tempting as the idea is Miss Davis, I cannot let my allies turn hostile towards me because of your unusual methods of amusement." He said.