Chapter 6

The carriage brought us to a place I haven't seen before. "Where are we?" I asked Mr. Rodriguez. "Here, this is My office building from where according to you Miss Davis, I loot anything and everything I can get my hands on." Oh, so it is that place. "Why am I here then?" I asked. "So, that Ibrahim can determine whether it is safe to go to my house or not"

"Ibrahim was hurt, you shouldn't let him go." Mr. Rodriguez's eyes narrowed. "Yes, and he is my protector too, so as yours so Miss Davis your point is?" He asked. Can I ever win any arguments with Mr. I-am-unquestionable Rodriguez? No, I certainly cannot. No one can argue and win against him and me, I do not dare to cross his path. I don't have that kind of strength within me.

"You should get some sleep" He suggested opening the door to his office. I don't think I am comfortable enough to sleep where he is present. In fact, I only gotten sleep past few nights because he was fart away from me. And I really did feel secured in that bolted room. But now I don't think I am relaxed enough to sleep.

"Katherine Close your eyes and go to sleep, you had enough adventure for a day, rest your wonderous feet for a little while." He said. Not until you are here Mr. Rodriguez. I am afraid I don't trust you enough to sleep soundly. He pulled me suddenly to him. I wasn't ready for that; I was crushed at his chest. He settled down with me on his chair.

All I can hear is silence and soft thumping of his heart. So, even if he is coldhearted his heart beats. I thought it might be frozen, like all of him is. But apparently that isn't the case. His heartbeat was steady and calm like he was. As rigid as stone.

"Where is my sister?" I asked. "She is safe now hush little girl go to sleep." So, he is not betraying her location at any cost. He is keeping his mouth shut for now on. I do not want to give in to his warmth. But his warmth is welcoming in cold January night, and the steady rhythm of his thumping heart is so calm.

I cannot help but feel safe and secure. Truth is no matter how much I resent this man; how much I hate his company. No one had ever made me feel things he can. I know I shouldn't trust him, but he is the only one who had gotten under my skin. His touch is only thing that had awaken my soul. He had never shunned me down.

It is not wrong to say that he is the only person who have accepted me for who I am. He never tried to tame my wild spirit. Instead he learned to run wild with it. I feel safe with him. I shouldn't but I do. And it is a very dangerous thing to do. I know this because I cannot blindly trust anyone, he will have the leverage against me. I cannot let him overpower me. I know when it comes to him my resolve always becomes weak. I felt his finger run through my hairs. And I don't know when I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Next morning, I woke up in exact same position I was coiled to him and he was holding me in his arms. If you saw the scene right now, you would have thought how romantic. But it is anything but romantic, we are two people who don't know what romance means. We are in this together for our own selfish motives. I don't know his, but I know mine. It is for my father.

My eyes met his smoldering green one. He was looking at me. His hold was still very much intact. "Slept well?" He asked. "Yes, we should probably go" I am positive the Ibrahim already returned from his scout and it is safe for us to walk out.

"Stay here like this for few more seconds" He whispered. I realized how vulnerable I was last night. When he was attacked, it was like someone had tried to rip something on mine from my hand. I don't want to feel this way, specially not for him. "Let me see you Katherine, someone did try to take you away from me. Let me stay like this with you"

"It is inappropriate Mr. Rodriguez" His eyes narrowed. "Am I not your fiancé? Then why it will be inappropriate?" he asked. "Pretend fiancé, let me remind you again Mr. Rodriguez that I never agreed to be your fiancée, you have trapped me in an arrangement that I haven't made." I told him.