Chapter 17

As Mr. Rodriguez said he was walking by my side and that was very unusual for me. Because I never ever imagined him taking casual walks right by my side. But as I saw him, he manages to surprise me again and again. "I love taking walk by someone as lovely as you by my side." Since when?

"Ok you never told me how you got to know about the letter?" I asked. "The letter was arrived in my house, the house which I know by my heart." "Of course, you know your house, you grown in that, like I know mine, even some places which are well hidden from my step mother, only I know those places and it always keep it a secret." I told him.

"Sometimes it is like I am with a child then a grown up." "What is your problem with me? You don't like me, still you wish to be with me, make the decision Mr. Rodriguez." I said crossing my hands over my arms. "I never said I don't like the childish side you possess Love, sometime it is like a freshness I need in my life. That and that bravery of yours."

"You didn't answer my question still, so you know all of your house very, well don't you?" I asked. "Still trying to figure me out? Unlike you I have got this house when I made myself respectful enough to stand with all others in this society." So, he didn't grow up in that house? Still it has so many secrets he had been hiding inside.

"I know you want to know all of me my love, I know you want to figure me out, you want to know my secrets. But some secrets are too dark for even me and I do not wish that those secrets overshadow your light. Your light counters my darkness Miss Davis. And that is why I do not wish my darkness to effect that light ever" He told me.

That only mean one thing, he wasn't born in the house he is currently residing. "Doesn't being husband and wife means accepting and knowing every side of each other?" I asked. "Being husband and wife means more than that, it means trusting your partner." He told me.

I looked down. I do trust him, in fact we have been through so much together, I don't think I cannot trust him just a little. "I know that, you don't have to tell me that Mr. Rodriguez" I said. "Although I have been wondering what is the new ship is for that too one that can rival the navy vessels, why you need that powerful ship?" I asked. "Curious aren't you Miss Davis, as always." he asked.

'I am curious a bit, just a bit" I said. "I think that is more than just a bit Miss Davis, but I can understand, anyone would be just a little curious. So as we reach the harbor I will show you the magnificent vessel that I have been planning to launch soon." Huh? He wants to show me his vessel? It is definitely not how you impress your fiancée still it is unique way of getting attention.

"I know what you must be thinking Miss Davis. But there aren't many people I often share my secrets with so, you might be just lucky." I guess I am very lucky. But his idea of luck and my idea of luck clashes a big time. But the thing is he was so secretive with all that, now he suddenly wished to show me his prized possession.

"Ok what are you really up to sir, because as far as I know you, you never invest your money in something that won't benefit you in the long run somehow." I said. He smiled sweetly. That was a surprise, I never thought he will give me one of his precious smiles. "That is why I have chosen you Miss Davis, you know me very well and it is getting hard to hide everything from you day after day" He said.

"Should I take this as compliment or insult?" I asked him. "Anyway, you wish to my little Vixen." He said. Lately he had been just calling me that, though I don't know why. And the way he is turning possessive towards me is too just scaring me. "Miss Davis, I know there are many things we need to do now, many paths to take, many roads to choose from. And all of them, I hope that you will be with me right by my side as you were till now, Miss Davis"

"As your friend I will always be with you. I promise you that sir, whenever you need help I will be there right beside you." "What I want you for is not just a friend or a companion Love, I wish I could express the it in right words, but as I told you before I am not very good at expressing anything specially if it comes to my feelings."