Chapter 14

Next morning the sun rose too quickly for me. I saw the side of my bed was empty He wasn't here last night so he respected my wishes after all. Who knew he was such a gentleman? My eyes moved all around the room and I saw him still in his night clothes looking out of the window towards the sun. So, he after all was the reason that I have risen so soon.

Has he even slept a little? I don't think he sleeps at all. What is he? Some kind of beast? Even he gets to sleep. Someone knocked on the door. And Mr. Rodriguez opened it up. It was someone I was very much familiar with. It was James. And he didn't looked happy at all.

"How could you Christin, you knew what kind of men Lockhart was still you used Kathy as a bait? He could have done unspeakable things with her, and what have you don't then?" He asked. "I would have been with her, as always James. And she is not your concern she is mine. She is my fiancée and I know how to handle her well"

"That is absurd Rodriguez, you obviously don't know how to treat a lady" Mr. Rodriguez smirked. "My little girl here is not a lady, she is a vixen," Is that an insult or a praise? He tends to confuse me with his most affectionate and most wonderful words. They always seems to be insulting me.

"And this vixen knows when to get her claws out very well. She knows it and that makes her my perfect companion" "You cannot use her for your own selfish motives" Mr. Rodriguez was still so ever calm while answering his question. "Wrong again my friend, motive is not a selfish one when it is united. And in this matter we both are united" Then James looked at me and I saw him get more angry.

"Seems to me Christin that you are united more than one way and for more than one cause." Why is he so angry? Then I looked at myself and found that I was in Mr. Rodriguez's night clothes. When he dressed me up like this? James is thinking that something happened between us.

"James..." I started but he interrupted again. "What I do and not do with my fiancée is none of your concern James. Especially when the activities are going on inside my own bed chambers with a person who will be my wife in few day's time. Now, have you been able to get what I sent you for" James is not happy and I think I may have lost my friend.

"Yes, Sir they are in the office as you have requested me to keep them." He nodded. "And James, don't you dare see my fiancée like that again. I can only respect our friendship for so long..." he paused and closed the door. "You shouldn't have done that, now James will think that something did really happened between us." I told him. "It is not his concern what happens between us Miss Davis, or have you forgotten that you are mine with or without your ring?" He asked. "How could I sir, even if I did, I have a leaving breathing bell is ringing in my ears." I told him.

I looked around but he was not there. Did he even listened to any word I have said so far? Minutes later he had returned fully dressed. "Do you wish to stay in and rest Love?" What made him so concern about me all of sudden? "I am fine, I don't need any more rest than I have already." I told him.

"Then I will tell the chamber maids to come and assist you with your clothes. And another thing" He took off my cover and inspected my wounds. "They look good, are you in pain?" He asked. "No, I am fine. That rest had just had an amazing effect." "Good then, shall I wait for you on the breakfast table before leaving?" Is he going to leave me alone?

"Where are you going this early?" I asked covering myself from his eyes. "Something came up at the office and I need to attend that matter right away" And he is leaving me alone here for what? "And what I am going to do all day?" I asked. "Things you will be doing after you will get married to me love, cooking, cleaning and when the time comes birthing me an heir, or two."

"You cannot possibly think that I am not going to do all that. I am not your maid, nor I am your wife." Is he that much thick headed? Can't he see I am not bred that way? I never had been raised as the one to cook or clean or do any household work. I always hunted and lived as a free spirit can't he see that? I was always free to go anywhere I wished to?