Chapter 11

The letter was addressed to me with no return address or mailing address. I don't know who it was from. But as I held the letter in my hand, I got whiff of something. Something that was familiar. And that does not bring out the good memories. Not it does not bring out the happy memories from my side.

Desert Rose

Yes, that can only mean someone I thought I had trapped had found its way back to me. My eyes landed on my hand. Only thing that I kept from my trip of Egypt is the little trinket Mr. Rodriguez had given me by the end of the journey. My prize, or... maybe something that I now hold dear to my heart.

I heard the commotion outside and I quickly hid the letter. I don't want anyone to find it. Not for any case. This can be disastrous. And I hate to make it disastrous. I don't want anyone else finding about this letter before I do. I do not want anyone else to read its content before I do, even if they may seem harmless. I know it is not.

"My lady may we come inside?" The chamber maids. What are they doing in here? I thought they left. "Yes, come in please" I replied politely. "My lady master had asked us to get you ready for the royal ball." "Mr. Rodriguez told you by when I should be ready to leave?" I asked. "No, My lady. He simply instructed us to get you presentable and then report back to him"

Only Mr. high and almighty Rodriguez can give such an order. He doesn't think he should let me know about his plans in advance. "He also said to nurse your wounds My Lady" The one he had given me will not heal for a long, long time and that is the thing I know for sure but what I don't know is why he suddenly went back to his old self.

The dark secrets can make anyone revert back. There are things he wants to share with you and then there are things which he doesn't, and the things that he doesn't wishes to share are the one makes him reserved, cold and unreachable.

How can he expect me to trust him with myself when he refuses to do the same? How can he think that I will bare my every secret to him when he doesn't do the same thing? "Careful, you are going to hurt her more, leave us for a moment and return back in ten minutes" I don't have to look up to see who it was. Only one who can torment me in this house.

"So, you are not going to talk to me little girl?" He asked. "What is there to talk Mr. Rodriguez. I know why you need me tonight and I as always will be going to do my best that I can in this particular situation." He sat down beside me and carefully cleaned my wound. 

"I know, Katherine you will do your best, you always do your best and you never cease to amaze me" I gave him my best fake smile that I can, he however, as always had read me.

He touched my cheek and I shivered. His touch makes me feel things that I do not wish to. "Katherine, you are going to hurt yourself this way. Why do you want to punish yourself?" He asked. "I don't sir, I don't want to punish myself. It's just that, every time I think that I have got it right, I find myself approaching the situation wrong way." "Is it about what I did in the basement? Is that why you are upset?" He asked.

"No, I am not upset Mr. Rodriguez. I just know that I shouldn't have pried in your personal affairs." He held both my cheeks in his hands. "It is not about that you cannot Katherine. You are my fiancée, but some parts of my life are too dark to let the light seep through." I took his hand off. "I understand Mr. Rodriguez. We have work to do, now if you please let me get presentable for the ball."

He pulled me softly to him. "I don't know how to make you understand Katherine." I turned around getting out of his hold. "You don't have to sir; I am your fiancée that means that I have to understand what makes you comfortable what you are not comfortable with. Now please if you just let me get ready in peace."