Chapter 22

I woke up and saw it was already night. I felt better than before. As I about to get up I saw someone was holding me to sleep. My eyes adjusted to darkness and I saw his face illuminating his features. His upper body was naked but even though I can see many scars.

His face was buried in my chest, he was breathing normally, and he was peaceful. His hairs were shining in the moonlight. And I found myself asking the same question yet again, who is Christin Ace Rodriguez in reality? I found my half naked self-tangled up to him. My dress was discarded down on the side of the bed. He looked so peaceful sleeping; I do not wish to disturb him.

So, I carefully got myself out of the bed and got dressed. Then I covered him up. I pick up the papers and lit a candle working silently on the manuscript that he had thus given me. But my eyes time to time darted towards him, towards his serene face. I don't know why, but the things happened between us, how his lips felt on my skin, how every time he touched me it was like he was proclaiming his deepest darkest desire to me.

I heard some noise and then I saw that he was the one making them. I walked towards him and saw he was sweating and muttering incoherently. I slowly brushed my hand along his hairs, he finally stopped making those noises and again his breath even out signalling he was asleep.

I stood up when I saw him looking at me. "You left me" he said. "I was working sir; we need to know what path we have to follow once we get there." "Stay here next to me little girl, I was so peaceful, sleeping soundly after a long time. I asked you to do that just for tonight." He sounded so vulnerable, so much in pain. I just wanted to comfort him. Just...

I placed his head on my lap and stroked it slowly. "Thank you, little girl, for granting my wish." He said holding my hand and then he slowly fell asleep. Don't know how it happened but my eyes begin to droop too. And finally, I gave in to the temptation.

Next morning, I woke up on an empty bed. Mr. Rodriguez was nowhere to be found. I walked out of his cabin to see him talking to James. Both men were so engrossed in their conversation that they didn't saw me thankfully. I quickly returned to my cabin and started to get ready for the day. I was almost done when I heard the door open.

I saw Christin gracing me with his presence. He slowly tied the laces on my back. "Ok? Or shall I loosen them?" Why is he behaving so civilly and not as a caveman he was just a day ago? "Fine thank you Mr. Rodriguez." He turned me around and placed a kiss on my forehead, what was that for? I wonder.

"Come on, I need your help with something." He told me. I nodded. He took my hand in his as he walked. I wonder why. The Christin Ace Rodriguez I know doesn't likes to show his affections, but this man... he does, and I don't understand why. He took me towards the navigation room.

The wheel was sitting there silently without a movement. "Why am I here sir?" I asked. "You wished to learn how to operate a vessel such as this, and Miss Davis, I am going to teach you the same." I laughed. "Just few month ago, you thought differently, what changed?" I asked. "You did, you have changed me in many ways Miss Davis and that is something I can tell positively. You have shown me many, many things that I thought I can never encounter, being a girl and handling a sword with the skills you do, most men should be ashamed of that."

"Are you?" I asked, I wonder where that question came from. "I am proud, but still so Miss Davis, I am the master, master of this skill. You have long way to go to beat me to it." I chuckled "Some day, I am going to beat you..." "And let me guess kill me?" He asked with a little humor in his voice. "Only I can Kill you so, don't you dare die before that." I said. He held my hand and place it over his heart. "If I die by your hands, I will die a happy man my love" I huffed pulling my hand away "Don't push your luck sir, your wish might just come true." He took my hand and placed them over the wheel.