Chapter 2: The Drive

Mulai dari awal

And I now realized how I've been acting up till now.

I'm such a little shit. Makes me wonder how people like Kenny still exist.

He's just so sweet and kind. He's the person that everybody loves so much that they hate. I know I do.

But I only hate him because I can't have him.

I shouldn't, though. I let him go. It's my own fault.

But it's incredibly weird that the man I dated is my potential father.

I shuddered at the thought. It's a little weird to think about. I mean, I'm sure he's a great father, but...I dated him! I can't be his potential son!

He probably doesn't even want me. I mean, as a son. He'd never take me back, never in a million years. But he'd never take me as his child. I mean, I'm rude, and my grades suck, and I don't stick to curfew, and I've been in jail.

Sure, he'd known about my record when we were dating, but it's different now that he's looking to adopt someone.

He'll probably not though. He'd go for someone more like Payton. She's the perfect child. Helpful, kind, pretty...I'm not of those things. Well, I'm only helpful when no one else is there. But that doesn't change anything.

My hand started stinging again. I looked down at it. The blood was soaking through. I don't think that's good. But I can't go back. Not yet. I can't deal with Jonah.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I breathed in the morning air and shifted as a twig poked me in the back. I opened my eyes and saw the gorgeous lake in front of me.

Wait, lake? Twig?

I shot up. Fuck. I slept out here? I jumped up and started running back to the foster home. How far did I walk yesterday?

I arrived at the front door 20 minutes later. Arg; Jeremy's going to be so mad and worried. I opened the door and walked in. Jeremy wasn't anywhere to be seen, and, thankfully, neither was Jonah. I avoided the people in the main room and trudged up the stairs to shower.

I had bark and dirt in my hair, and plenty of rocks in my socks and splinters in my feet. I threw my shirt and socks away because they were useless. I carefully unwrapped my hand and winced at the sight. Dried blood caked a massive cut along the palm of my hand. I'm pretty sure there was a piece of glass somewhere in there.

When I was finished cleaning myself of dirt and mud I dressed, and pulled the first aid kit out.

I was finishing wrapping my hand as I walked downstairs to the kitchen. I didn't get very far before Jeremy pulled me into a hug.

"Where were you? I was so worried! Why didn't you tell me where you were? Are you ok?" He rambled really fast before releasing me and looking me up and down.

"Jeremy, stop. I'm fine." I said, hugging him back.

"You'd better tell me where you were." He scolded.

"I-I don't really know. By some lake." I answered.

"Who were you with? Why did you run off without telling me?"

"I wasn't with anyone." I told him. He looked at me skeptically. "I wasn't!" 

"Ok." He said. "I trust you." I smiled a little. Ok, so maybe I'm not as bad as I make myself seem. I do tell Jeremy where I go at night, and it's only been like 3 or 4 times that he didn't know. Everyone thinks I sneak out, but that's only because Jeremy doesn't tell them. And I've only slept with like 7 people total. Kenny not being one of those. But I have been in jail. The reasons being I was looking at files in the station illegally, trying to find my mother. But I am still a little mean to people. Not Jeremy, though. He's the kindest man there is.