"You had every right to act that way Dad. I mean, she's only seventeen. She shouldn't be worried about a baby at that age," I quickly interrupted him.

"Derek, she's still my baby girl. Yes, I agree she's way too young to be pregnant but we're still her family. We should be supporting her. I mean, we're all that she has left. God, I let her down."

"C'mon Dad. You and I both know that she would of never said that we let her down."

"I know but I still felt like I did," He said, looking down at his lap after. "It's just... the more she grows up, the more she becomes more like your mother. She's exactly like her mother; beautiful, strong, smart, independent, loving, caring, and honest."

I nodded. "I know. I see it too."

"Excuse me, Mr. Thompson, uh, Derek Thompson." I quickly stood up from my seat, quickly making my way over towards the doctor. "I'm Michael Thompson. Her father," My dad said, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Reynolds, Anabelle's OB/GYN. I have some news on your daughter. Are you aware that she's pregnant?"

"Yes, of course," My dad quickly responded.

"Great, I'm glad that's out of the way. Well, we controlled her bleeding. We checked her vitals and did some blood work. Her iron count is pretty low. As for the baby, she's not receiving enough nutrients. You need to have Anabelle eat foods high in iron and nutrients. She also needs prenatal vitamins as well. Those vitamins will give her and the baby the proper vitamins and nutrients they need. Other than that, they're both perfectly fine and healthy," Dr. Reynolds explained.

I let out a huge sigh of relief. Thank God. It was now that I realized that he called the baby a she. "Wait, you said she. You called the baby a she. Belle's having a girl? I'm having a niece?"

Dr. Reynolds smiled and nodded. "I know she's 14 weeks, but she has an appointment with me next Thursday to find out the sex of the baby. I figured I might as well check since she's already here."

"I'm having a niece," I said to myself, smiling wide. "Would you guys like to see her?" My dad and I both nodded.

We followed Dr. Reynolds down the hall towards Anabelle's room. I quickly opened the door once we reached her room. She was laying in the hospital bed, playing around with her IV.

"Hey Belle," I said, as I walked towards her. She looked up at us and smiled. "Hey."

Dad walked over to her and leaned down, gently kissing her cheek. "How are you feeling princess?"

"Better knowing that my baby girl is good and healthy," She said, gently rubbing her very small baby bump. I smiled as I brought her hand to my lips and kissed it. "I can't believe I'm having a niece Belle! I'm so happy," I beamed.

She laughed lightly. "I'm glad I'm having a girl too. I wanted a girl."

I watched as Dad sat down at the edge of her hospital bed. "Honey, I was so worried that something happened to you and the baby."

She took his hand and gently held it. "I'm fine daddy. We're both fine."

He nodded, a frown forming onto his lips. "I also want to apologize for the way I reacted. It's just, you're my daughter, my princess. I never would of thought my baby girl would be having a baby at this age. It was a huge shocker to me and I didn't know what to do. I love you princess. I'm going to be there for you throughout the pregnancy and I'll be there to watch my granddaughter grow up."

"Thank you daddy," She smiled. "That really means a lot to me." She wiped away a tear from her eye.

"Anabelle, you're free to go home. No school for you tomorrow. Stay home and have plenty of rest. I'll have the discharge papers ready for you to sign at the nurse's station. Come Thursday for a check up on you and the baby. That's all, get home safe."