Part 31 - Decisions

Start from the beginning

I just look at her saying all that feeling that she's deliberately saying all that taunting me about how wrong I thought about Maya and never trusted her as she walks towards Maya and Luke.

" That's what friends do.. Always be there for each other..!!! "
Luke replies as well clearly very pleased with all what Gracy said whilst I feel completely lost and left out.

" Awww... That's so sweet... Guess that calls for a group hug..!!! "
Gracy just announces all of a sudden as she pulls that Luke and my wife into a group hug before any of us can react.

Okay..
I feel myself heating up as I see Luke's hand move up on the side and lands on my wife's waist as he looks at me with a smirking type look on his face. I suddenly feel myself getting out of control with that particular action of his as I feel my fist starting to clench. So taking a deep breath to control myself from blowing up in anger, I finally talk in a loud way making Maya look at me breaking that hug ;

" Where's Roman, Maya..??? I thought I told him to be here..!!! "

Coming out of Luke and Gracy's hands and hug, Maya steps a little near me as she replies ;
" Well... Roman right was here all the time... He just stepped out before any of you guys came to get us something to eat from the canteen ... "

Maya finishes talking, Roman enters the room with food and complains as he sees me ;
" Finally you're back.... What took you guys soo long..?? "

As soon as he says that I remember what happened some time ago which I had temporarily as the memories, my face pain also comes back as I shift my eyes away from these two to Gracy waiting for her to answer this question as I don't know what to say about this.!

" I had some important things to take care of... It required immediate attention.. That's why we got late..!! "
Gracy says in a very casual way making everyone believe her.

Immediate Attention...
Yaa...
I don't doubt that any more.
But right now it's not Gracy but Luke who requires Immediate Reaction.

As Roman walks pass me and goes to my wife, I try to think of something to get the non family persons out of this room and just then a nurse comes in and says as she sees so many people in the room ;
" Excuse me... One person is allowed to stay back with the patient.. The rest has to leave.. It's already past visiting hours..!!! "

And right there an idea crops up in my mind as I say agreeing to what the nurse just said ;
" She's right... We should not crowd here.. Roman... C'mon... Luke... We'll walk you to the exit..!!! Let's go.. "

The next minute I am pushing both Roman and Luke out of the room without giving them time to react leaving the girls behind in a shocked way.

As we arrive near the entrance of the hospital, Luke finally says ;
" Stop doing that..!!! What are you trying to do..??? What do you want to prove by doing this..?? "

" You really think that I'll even try to prove anything to you..??? I mean... C'mon I've got better things to do that wasting my time on you..!!
Moreover.. Are you deaf or what..?? Didn't you hear what that nurse said..?? "
I blunt out the truth without any second thought.

" Yaa... Right....
I know very well what you are trying to do..!! Remember what I told you the first time we met... I know Maya very well.. She's a very very good and extremely close friend of mine..!! I've known her for years now... And if you think by doing all this you'll be able to keep me away from her by doing this drama of caring for her handicap brother then you're very wrong..!! She may be emotional about that kid but you can't win her heart by using that kid... And just because you accidentally kissed her doesn't mean that you're her boyfriend or something..!!!
So stop dreaming about her...!! You can never win her... "
Luke says in an overconfident stating way as he looks at me with full overconfidence.