The Zombie Brothers' Good Deed

"[Y/N]-chan....? [Y/N]-chan..." you stir hearing your name being whispered in your ear and roll your body over, eyes screwed tightly shut.

"[Y/N]-chan, wake up" You hastily sit up right, panting as sweat trickles down your forehead.

"It's okay" You avert your eyes towards the dark silhouette within the dimly lit room. As your eyes adjust you see Tobi sitting at the edge of your bed. He places his hand on top of yours "Just a bad dream [Y/N]-chan"

You manage to awake fully, becoming more conscious to your surroundings. "Oh man what a pain, I'm sorry if I woke you Tobi"

You look down to see Tobi with his hand still atop yours, but curled on the side of your bed already asleep. Poor guy, he must be so tired. You shuffle towards your beside table to pick up your phone. It's pretty early but you're still feeling a little at unease from your nightmare and decide to get up anyway.

Quietly, you get out of bed and move the blanket over Tobi, allowing him to get more comfortable. You head into the bathroom and freshen up. It's pretty quiet so you guess everyone is still asleep.

I might as well make breakfast for everyone, give Itachi a break from taking care of us.

You head towards the fridge and look at the ingredients you have to offer. Hmmm...let's experiment today. You find a recipe online on your phone of something you've never done before. Okonomiyaki. A simple dish that doesn't require any difficult ingredients. You also make a few other little bits such as rice etc in case it doesn't turn out well.

You became so focused on your preparation and cooking that you don't realise that you're being watched.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?"

You avert your eyes towards the voice. Itachi is leaning against the door watching you cook. "Itachi! don't scare me like that, I didn't sleep well so I decided to make you all breakfast today"

"You don't have to do that"

"Nonsense! You've done so much around the house and with cooking for everyone. I wanted to return the favour to you" He softly smiles at you, pulling out cups and utensils.

"Thank you. That is an incredibly kind gesture" You smile back as you finish plating everything up whilst Itachi helps you bring everything out. Perfect timing, the smell of the food awakens the Akatsuki members in the living room. You lightly knock on the spare room door to get the immortals' attention and then nudge Tobi awake so he can eat. They all look at the spread, their eyes glistening with excitement to eat. "Thank you for the meal!" They all chow down quietly, savouring the taste.

"Holy shit this is good.." Hidan says taking a few more bites.

"I think this is the best thing you've made, Itachi" Kisame exclaims.

"[Y/N] made breakfast today. I merely just assisted bringing the food into the room"

They all paused and looked at you as you continued to eat. "I mean..Itachi is a good cook but [Y/N] ...fancy cooking for us more often? This is amazing! Hm" Deidara says stealing food from Tobi's plate.

You giggle at the compliment. "Of course, I love cooking so Itachi and I can take turns"

"I noticed you had a recipe out so I imagine you don't usually make this?" Itachi says finishing his last bite.

"I knew cabbage was your favourite and thought I would give this a shot as it was the first recipe I found" Itachi nodded to you smiling softly at your sweetness.

"[Y/N] shouldn't you be heading to work soon? Hm"

"Oh no I have the day off work today, I booked it off a few weeks back"