Meeting the Akatsuki Part 1

Did I ..fall asleep?

Your eyes flicker open, the bright light from the sun blinded you temporarily. You use your hand to cover them, awaiting for them to adjust. You began to use the other hand to lift yourself up, feeling...grass?

Why am I on the floor outside? It wasn't a dream?

You gasped at the sight. Seeing two men seated on the floor in front of you. They don't look familiar at all and so they shouldn't, but you weren't to know who these mysterious guys were.

"Hey, you okay?" Deidara asked with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Ugh yeah, what happened?" You questioned rubbing the back of your head, slightly dazed but also anxious of who these men were.

"So...our friend scared you and - -"

"You passed out" Itachi quickly intervened lying, knowing he shouldn't talk about his eyes or any jutsu just yet, it would only confuse you and make matters more difficult for the Akatsuki.

You flinched "You mean that wasn't a dream? That guy with the mask?!" You panicked slightly looking around for him, now worried these guys are creepy and gonna kidnap you or something.

"No no no, it's okay. He isn't a bad guy, he wears a mask to hide his face, don't worry we haven't seen his face either. He's..er...insecure? lets say. Hm" Deidara assured, attempting to calm you down.

"..So what was he doing?"

"He was asking you if you saw something that belonged to us, but you couldn't hear him" said Itachi pointing to his ears.

"Oh right, my headphones. Ah yeah... maybe I won't go walking in the woods alone with loud music again" you nervously chuckle, slightly embarrassed. Itachi and Deidara looked at each other confused, they shook it off knowing that's not what they need to be talking about right now.

"Anyway, are you from around here you look....different" you questioned looking at the men's attire, especially their headbands, trying to understand the symbols that you've never come across before.

"We were going to ask you the same thing. We don't know where we are and was wondering if you could help - - "

"TOBI IS SOOOOO SORRRYYYYYYYYY" Tobi cries as he comes running with open arms towards you.

You shuffle backwards slightly in confusement.

Tobi creates a dust cloud behind him as he slides beside Itachi and Deidara on his knees bowing frantically, apologising for scaring you. Deidara is seconds away from hitting Tobi for making this much harder for the two until he heard a giggle come from your direction. The men all look at you confused as to why you're taking this so well.

"Hey its okay, your friends explained. I'm so sorry I thought ill of you, bad first impressions huh?" you apologised scratching the back of your head shyly. Tobi looked up and smiled, even though you couldn't see the smile, you knew that it was there and returned it back to him.

Tobi blushed, "Tobi is Tobi, Who are you? What is this? A device so you can't hear Tobi? Why would you not want to hear Tobi? If anything, you wouldn't want to hear Hidan. He talks too much and yells a lot"

He grabs the headphones looking at them obscurely, putting his arm through them like a shoulder bag, then on top of his head like a hat. You giggled at his silly behaviour "They're Headphones, here..let me put on some music for you. Oh and my name is [Y/N] nice to meet you"

You swipe your mobile's screen to unlock it, finding your playlist to entertain the man child, starting with 'Silhoutte - KANA - BOON'. She places the headphones upon Tobi's ears as you hit play. Tobi jumps straight up, making Itachi and Deidara flinch at his quick movements.

"WHOA, THIS IS AMAZING ~~" Tobi bops up and down walking around the three, waving his arms...dancing? No one knows, it's Tobi afterall.

You looked towards the other two, "Sorry guys, you were saying.. you needed help?"

Itachi explained the whole story whilst introducing himself and Deidara. The blonde sweat dropped looking back and forth to Itachi and you, bewildered with the fact that you aren't freaked out at how brutally honest Itachi has just become over the situation.

You continued to nod throughout the whole thing. Not questioning the men. "Okay so...I haven't seen any chest.. but if you guys need to look around, I can help you?"

"Tobi doesn't think it's here, Tobi thinks its at base and we are stuck!" Tobi announces much louder than expected as he is trying to compensate over the music he is still 'dancing' too around the group.

"Base?" you tilt your head to the side.

Deidara scratches the side of his cheek, "Hey..have you.. heard of the Akatsuki?"

It was as if visible question marks danced around your head, you slowly shook your head, "What's that?"

Itachi side eyed Deidara, "...what year is it?"

Deidara looked at him weirdly, "What kind of question is that, Uchiha..Hm" he quietly retorted.

This is where you looked at them bizarrely, "..2020".

Deidara's neck could have snapped off at how quick he turned to face you with a visible shock on his face. Itachi's eyes only widened slightly, tying to keep composed. They turn to one another, "How - - But-" Deidara couldn't get the words out.

"The chest..." Itachi concluded.

"Are you guys alright?" You were getting a little concerned with their actions. Itachi bluntly explained, to which surprised you. At first your head was telling you this was lies and unbelievable, but the attire, their attitudes and everything about them just told your gut instincts that it was the truth.

"Excuse me" Itachi body flickered to the others to explain the obscure news that they've just found out. You practically blinked and the man was gone, you began to wave your hands over the area Itachi was in, feeling like this was a magic trick. Deidara laughed, suggesting that he will explain later but all of you have had some crazy news to let seep in.

You look at Deidara and then to Tobi having a serious think. You sigh out at the incredibly bizarre news you've received and then open up to say, "Well if that's the case, you guys need a place to stay until you figure out what you're gonna do until you can get back home. You're welcome to stay with me. I only have one spare room though so you can either share or sleep on the sofa".

Deidara exhales a sigh of relief at your warm and considerate gesture, thanking you for the thought, especially at the fact you accepted their unusual turn of events.

"Uh....the others, hm"

"Others?"

"So there are a few of us.. 8 in total to be exact. 5 others are behind us waiting to see how you would react, especially as they... appear differently to us lets say, hm" Deidara mumbled the last part.

"Huh..is that where Itachi just ran off to?"

Deidara looked back behind him to where he left the rest of the Akatsuki, "Most Likel- - Huh?"

"Hidan-senpai NOOOOOOOO!"