Back at the base

All is quiet in the base, no one has been there for nearly 2 weeks. Footsteps are heard from outside the base. A silhouette uses hand signs to enter the base. The large boulder entrance begins to shake, moving vertically; allowing two silhouettes to enter. A orange haired male with piercings scattered across his facial features and a blue haired female with an origami flower presented in her hair. The pair look around, seeing Hiruko and Hidan's scythe on the floor.

"This is unusual.." Konan picks up the scythe and puppet, heading to the designated rooms they would belong in. Knocking on each door, she hears no sound. Another knock out of politeness...nothing..she enters.

Konan eventually visits every room and notices all of them are empty. "Leader.." Konan calls to Pain, entering his office. "No one is here and it seems they have been gone for some time..." Konan crosses her arms, showing her slight concern.

"I know" Pain says gesturing for Konan to sit.

"You know?"

"That's right, the Akatsuki have been away for nearly 2 weeks, just like you two"

She turns her head to the new deep voice in the room along with Pain and herself, sitting adjacent.

"Yes, we have a lot to talk about before we return"