The Apocalypse is really round the corner.

I got my hair coloured purple. 

Yeah, purple our of all colours. 

Oh, no, of course not by consent. 

So, this morning I come into school and the first thing I see is Reese making out with Cianna Heigns. 

Cianna Heigns is your typical five feet nine inch, blonde cheerleader with two nose jobs, a 26 inch waist and the body type that belongs to a Victoria Secret model. 

I have nothing against her but for some reason she has something against me and was never shy to express her dislike towards me. 

I kept my head low and walked past the huge crowd of pervs that was hollering and whistling at the loved-up pair.

After Lunch I head to my locker to get my books.

"Astrid!" someone calls me and I turn around to look at Mark rushing towards me. 

"Mark..?" Okay, so the thing is, Mark is Reese's best friend since God knows how long and Mark has always been the kinder of the two. Obviously.

"So I have to uh, like, warn you, alright? Don't tell Reese I told you but he has planned something disasterous, okay?" 

"Disa-What are you saying, Mark?" 

"Look, I got to go. People are coming out of the Cafeteria and I don't want Reese to find out I told you already. Okay, bye!" he sprinted towards the school grounds without another word leaving me there with a jumbled head. 

Reese has done horrible things to me in the past like, tell my parents I was dating a forty year old guy online, tell my crush that I was a lesbian (that guy liked me back), tell our entire batch that I still have my teddy bear from kindergarten etc etc...the list is endless. What could be worse? 

He's already put live lizard in my bag once. 

I share my last class with Reese meaning I know where and when he is actually going to try to pull a prank on me. 

So, the solution to my problem is, skip the class! 

Ha, Reese, you aren't so smart after all. 

I head to the Girl's Washroom rather than to my home because I do not want to answer the questions mother dearest will fire on me if I reach an hour earlier than expected. 

I wash my face and dry it with the paper towels and look back into the mirror. 

What do I see besides a pimple  on temple? 

You guessed it right. 

Reese.

"REESE?!" I shriek. 

"I knew Mark would go against me on this one." he sighs, almost disappointedly. 

"What the hell! This is girl's washroom, you can't be in here!" my heart is thundering with the thoughts of all the mess he can create in here. 

"But I am here, Sherlock, aren't I?" he smiles mischieviously. 

"Reese, what in the actual refrigerater are you planning to do?" I know he wouldn't do something like rape me or whatever but the possibilities of him chopping all my limbs with an axe and then flushing them down the drain are very high. 

"This" he said and then I was splashed with purple colour. What?!

But of course I wasn't the only one with purple hair and clothes, I made sure to ruin his hair too.

So, in the end, Reese had the tips of his hair on his forehead purple-d and I had the tips my hair purple-d too. 

"Reese! We're going to be screwed once someone comes in here and looks at all this purple!" I whisper yell at him because there are about ten  minutes left for the final bell to ring and the corridor monitors must be out now, making sure everyone's in class.

He takes two steps towards me and looks at me with an expression that I have never seen in Reese's eyes before, probably because I have never been this close to him, "Then run away with me." he whispers so low that I probably wouldn't have heard him if we weren't so close. 

"I.." I didn't know what to say to that..and he's looking at my lips. 

Wait, why is he looking at my lips? 

"Reese?" I whisper, afraid I might break his trance.

"Hm?" 

"Why, why are you staring at my lips?" 

A small smile breaks at his lips and then he pulls away, the warmth of his body being snatched away as well.

"Because." 

"Because?" 

"Just because, James. You ask too many questions." he gives me a tender smile. 

"How are we getting out of this without getting caught?" I ask him. 

"Well, we sneak out." 

"Easier said than done." 

"Oh, shut up, smarty." 

"Did you just call me smart?"

"No."

"Yes, yes you did."

"I called you smart-ee, not smart." 

"Same thing."

"Shut up." He grabs my bag and then my hand and opens to the washroom door just a tad bit.

"Is anyo-"

"I swear to God, A, if you don't shut up, I will leave you here. Alone." he glares at me.

I simply scowl back.

So what Reese's sneak out plan was was basically to avoid all corridor monitor's eyes and boom. 

Yeah, not an ideal one, really. 

But we did get out safely. 

"I hate to admit it, James, but I had fun." he says once we're out of school grounds.

"Yep, me too. Colouring your hair purple is fun, after all." 

"You just stole my idea." he rolls his eyes but there's a small smile on his lips.

"How long is this  gonna stay this way?" I ask him.

"Two months." 

"You're a real pain in the rear." 

"You love me." he winks and then sprints off towards his car.

"No, I don't." I whisper behind his running self.

Did I just have fun with Reese Jacobs after he coloured my hair purple and ruined my white shirt and black jeggings?

The Apocalypse is really round the corner.