Cough.

The fun did begin, oh boy.

Reese and I had never danced together since kindergarten when we had our own prom and he bribed me with chocolate chip cookies that his mum makes (yum will be an understatement to describe them!) and so I didn't know what to expect. Neither did Reese probably because he was surprised when I started with my robot moves.

"You're a dork!" he laughed at me.

"You're no better! Come on, you know you wanna!" I teased him and made hand gestures for him to join the ultimate queen of dance (me)

"Nope." he shook his head.

"Oh, come on buzz kill" I pout at him.

For a little while he just stands in the middle of the dancing crowd watching me pull off my amazing (cough) dance moves (cough) and then the sky splits over our heads and the earth shatters into nothingness while pigs fly to the moon and a tiny smile breaks onto Reese's face before he joins me in my amazing (cough part 2) dance moves (cough part 2)

I cackle out loud when my evil ways work and the next two hours pass without any trouble as we dance like the morons we are.

I checked my phone a little while ago when we decided to give ourselves a rest and saw that Lucy was gone already with Mark.

LuceIsTheBestHoe : Heyyyyyy I saw you dirty dancin' with my bitchacho reeseeee hmm?
whats goin on w u 2? anyway, give me details later, im goin home w Marklu here who is vvvvv impatient cuz

And that's all it said. Very descriptive.

Be careful and drive safe. The car and Mark. ;) Ly. xx
(not even going to dignify your comment on reese by responding to it)

I decided I didn't want to go home just yet so I turned to Reese thinking he might want to go out with me for a while. I was disappointed, however, to see him smiling with a beautiful girl.
Oh.
So that means that we weren't...oh.

Tears prick the corners of my eyes but I gulp them down.
Dammit, Reese Jacobs.

I quickly move out of the club and the rush of cold air immediately soothes my racing and sadly, broken heart.

Why do I even care if he is talking to that incredibly beautiful girl? Obviously I don't feel for him! I just thought we were normal friends.
Yeah, well normal friends aren't obliged to laugh with just each other, Astrid.

Before I give myself a migraine, I decide I should just walk home after making a quick stop at the ice cream shop just around the corner. Walking home at 10.30 pm isn't exactly a great idea but I just really want to be alone right now.

I order my usual chocolate crunch icecream but quickly change it to blackcurrent, in the mood for a change.

As I sit down with a sigh and dig in, my phone rings.

Reese.

Dammit, why is my heart racing?

"Hey, Reese." I say, a little breathless.

"Where are you?! OH MY GOD I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING EVERYWHERE ASTRID WHERE DID YOU BUT THE DJ WAS SO ANNOYED WHEN I MADE HIM STOP THE MUSIC TO ANNOUNCE YOUR AND WHE-"

"Calm down, man. I'm out and about, doing my thanggg" I try to play it cool, guilt already making a small puddle in my stomach.

"CALM DOWN?! IS THAT WHAT- you know what? Forget it, just tell me where you are and I'll take you home dammit." He grits, clearly frustrated.

"Meet me at the Ice cream place around the corner." I say and hang up.

Reese showed up precisely 7 minutes later. It took me 20 minutes to get here. How he managed to cover all that distance in such short time amazes me and pisses me off at the same time. His stupid football legs.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE EVEN DOING?" He legit screams as he spots me tucked in one of the orange chairs by the window.

"Um?" I fidget under the attention of the petite waitress, the guy working the cash register who has been eye raping the waitress all this while and of course Reese.
"Hi?" I mutter.

"What are you doing? " He asks, a lot calmer than before.
His eyes turn back to normal and a small frown etches on his beautiful lips.

Hold the eff up. Did I just call his lips beautiful? Ew.

I'm so tired I'm not even making sense anymore.

"Astrid? Hello!  Yoohoo!" He sits next to me.

"Oh um yeah, I saw you chatting up that pretty girl and I was bored and everyone was gone anyway so I just thought it was time to head home." I try to cover it up with a fake giggle but Reese knew me all too well because of the n number of years we've been together, as friends or as enemies.

"You sound jealous, A" he smirked.

"You're delusional." I eat another bite of my icecream.

"Mhmm. Keep telling yourself that." He says and leans his head down on the table over his crossed arms and sends the most dazzling smile my way that makes my heart flutter.

Never drink alcohol kids. Never, ever.