Chapter 28

When y/n awoke, it was dark, he also noticed he wasn't alone. The soft snoring beside him reminded him of what happened, what he had done, what she had done. Looking at the digital numbers on the clock placed on Bakugou's nightstand, it was only 1 o'clock in the morning. Moving his gaze to the sleeping blond beside him, y/n was grateful. Grateful that Bakugou never asked questions, grateful that the man just let him cry and stay there with no trouble. Y/n also started to feel that shame and embarrassment creeping in the back of his mind.

"I can't believe I did that..." He muttered softly to himself. Lifting his hand, y/n moved it to Bakugou's face, careful not to wake him. His fingers left a feather-light touch over the blond's cheek, then his chapped lower lip. Sighing, y/n retracted his hand, letting it rest on Bakugou's hard, muscled stomach. He scooted his body closer and rested his head on Bakugou's chest, listening to the steady heart beat.

It was comfortable here. He felt safe. But despite that, y/n knew he needed to go. Keeping his movements slow and careful, y/n left the warmth of the bed and Bakugou's body. Giving one last glance, y/n turned to leave, only to be caught by the wrist. Looking back, y/n saw Bakugou's eyes barely open, heavy from sleep. Y/n hadn't noticed that Bakugou's snores had stopped as he was climbing over him.

"You're an idiot..." Bakugou rasped, his voice low. Y/n smiled softly, a bit sadly and loosened Bakugou's grip from his wrist.

"Go back to sleep aggressive." With that, y/n started towards the door, opening it as quietly as he could. Stepping out of the room, y/n started to close it. The door shut with a quiet click, Bakugou's words echoed in his mind. Y/n grit his teeth, his brow furrowing. He whispered, "I know that..."

All throughout class the next day, y/n was hardly relaxed. Everyone could tell. Fortunately for him, Kirishima, Uraraka, and Tsuyu seemed to take most of the attention, seeing as their first day at their work-studies had made it into the news.

"Eita! If you don't mind me asking, the other day, Aizawa-sensei had talked with you, right? What was it about?" Kirishima walked over to y/n's desk, escaping from his friends, who were pestering him about his work-study with Fatgum.

"It was just about work-studies. There was an agency that wanted to take me in." Y/n spoke blandly, wanting for the conversation to end there.

"That's great!" Kirishima chimed. "Did you have your first day yet?" The redhead asked, tilting his head cutely.

"Yeah..Didn't do much though. Just...talked..." Y/n clenched his fist. He felt a light tingling sensation in his fingers. Looking down, he saw those black rooted patterns growing down his skin, it was starting to become familiar. Before Kirishima could notice, y/n moved to pack up his things. He needed to get going anyway. Today was his first meeting with a quirk counselor. "Sorry, I've got an appointment." Y/n forced a smile at Kirishima before heading out the door.

"Bro, that guy's a lost cause." Kaminari sighed, resting his elbow on Kirishima's shoulder.

"What? What are you talking about?" Kirishima looked at his electrical friend in confusion.

"What? You mean to tell me you don't have the hots for Eita?" Kaminari snorted.

"Huh?!" Kirishima backed away from the strawberry blond.

"I mean, I didn't know you swung that way, but hey, I'm not judgin'." Kaminari put up his hands in mock surrender.

"Kaminari...you...I...what?!" Kirishima felt his face heating up. What Kaminari was implying was completely uncalled for! He didn't have the 'hots' for y/n! That was ridiculous! Kaminari sniggered and took in the sight of his friend so flustered.