Chapter 14.5

Y/n watched as the three Nomus jumped down, scattering into different directions to raise havoc throughout the city.

"What are 'Nomus'?" The boy asked, turning to face his boss.

"Oh, that's right. You weren't aware of them before you left." Kurogiri thought aloud. "Basically, they're genetically engineered people trained with the sole purpose of destroying All Might. Unfortunately, I can't tell you more than that about their origin."

"Oh..." Y/n still kept his gaze on his boss, who didn't speak, only focused on watching his precious Nomus causing destruction. "Ah! There's something I need to tell you guys." Y/n finally caught Shigaraki's attention. "I just found out recently, but it's about Midoriya and All Might-" Y/n was cut off as a large explosion set off not too far away. He sighed as Shigaraki's attention was no longer on him.

"Yes, well done my Nomu." Shigaraki's eyes flickered with amusement as he heard the cries of the citizens below.

"I take it you're not going to join the fray?" Kurogiri questioned.

"I'm hurt you idiot. That's why I brought them." Shigaraki started to chuckle darkly. "Ha ha ha ha! By tomorrow morning, the world will have forgotten all about you...Hero Killer!"

"Y/n, you look frazzled. What's wrong?" Kurogiri questioned.

"It's nothing...I just...Why am I so out of the loop?" Y/n faced Kurogiri, combing his fingers through his hair in a frustrated fashion.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I didn't know anything about the attack at USJ, I don't know about the Nomus, nor does it seem like I'm ever going to find out. I just feel like, I'm in your way..." Y/n looked away as he realized Shigaraki and Kurogiri were staring at him intently. "Or something..." Y/n quickly added, slightly pouting.

"Y/n..." Kurogiri started, but Shigaraki held his hand up, stopping him.

"There's a time and a place for everything. At this time, you are on a very important mission. We're not going to interfere with that mission." He explained.

"Yeah but-" Y/n was cut off.

"You are not in our way, and we don't want to keep you 'out of the loop', but Master is counting on you to gather information, and so are we." Shigaraki finished.

"In other words, you're trying your hardest and we don't want to get in your way." Kurogiri said, making y/n smile. His smile then dropped, his expression morphing into one of confusion.

"Who is 'Master'?" Y/n questioned.

"He is someone who has saved me."

The answer was very vague, but y/n didn't question it further, nodding simply. He understood that this 'Master' had plans for the League of Villains. Y/n figured Shigaraki and Kurogiri were completely loyal to 'Master', so they weren't going to tell him information he wasn't meant to know.

The three of them continued to watch over the chaos, Shigaraki bringing out a pair of binoculars, looking for his Nomus.

"What was it that you wanted to speak about? About All Might and the boy, Midoriya?" Kurogiri suddenly spoke up. Y/n sat down at the edge of the water tank, taking off his blazer and setting it on his lap.

"Is there such thing as a baton quirk?" He questioned.

"This world is a big one, the amount of quirks are vast, so I wouldn't be surprised..." Kurogiri said, but with the tone of his voice, y/n figured he wasn't saying something. But again, he didn't question it further.