Chapter 2

Y/n shook slightly with anger, crumpling what was once crisp paper in his hands.

"I know it's not what you expected, but it will really go a long way for this team." Kurogiri explained. Y/n sighed deeply and looked at his boss.

"Really? If I do this, it'll help you guys?" Shigaraki nodded slightly.

"You'll be a really great help if you go on this mission." Y/n's eyes sparkled slightly, determined to become useful for his team.

Shigaraki and Kurogiri shared a look, knowing about how y/n felt about being useful, always wanting to please his superiors.

"But I understand if it becomes too much for you. Feel free to quit-" Y/n cut off the smoky villain by shaking his head furiously, holding the application form tightly to his chest.

"No! You need me! So I'm gonna do it!" Scrambling for a pen, y/n started to fill out the form, using some aliases to hide what was necessary, like his last name. Holding up the form, y/n smirked.

"How does Eita y/n sound?"

-

It was early, around 6:00 in the morning, but y/n still found himself walking towards the school. It was nearing the end of autumn, so the sun comes up a little later, allowing y/n to view the stars, revealing themselves from behind windblown clouds. His nerves started to get to him the more he walked. He really didn't want to go to this school, not around all these pro heroes and hero wannabes. He was lucky enough to find a virtual school for elementary and intermediate so he wouldn't have to be around others, who he knew would go on and on about going into the hero course.

Taking a deep breath, y/n stopped right in front of the school gates, the giant building behind them taunting him.

"I can do this." About to take his first steps forward, y/n froze at the sound of a voice.

"Oi." Y/n looked to a man in a black hoodie with the hood up, hands in his pockets, leaning against a wall near the school gate casually.

"Boss? What are you doing here?!" Y/n demanded in a hushed whisper, swiftly moving towards the villain. Shigaraki looked at y/n from the corner of his eye.

"I knew you'd be here early." He said, still not explaining the situation. Sighing, Shigaraki lifted himself off of the wall, now fully facing y/n. "How are you faring?" Y/n stood in silence for a while before speaking up.

"I'm...nervous." He spoke through a shuddering breath, trying to push back the emotions that were flooding his mind.

Shigaraki stared at the boy, watching as he picked at his fingernails.

"I know you'll do it. Stop worrying about everything. You've trained hard, you've done everything just as we told you to before." Y/n looked up with a surprised expression. "What makes you think you can't do it now?" The teen smiled before grabbing his boss into a hug. Shigaraki was genuinely surprised by the sudden gesture, his frame becoming awkward. "What are you doing?" He asked, placing a hand onto the boy's head, making sure not to place all five fingers down.

"Thank you." Y/n breathed out. "For everything." After releasing himself from the hug, y/n bowed, his face wearing a slight blush from embarrassment. He waved one last time before running into the building after showing his new school ID, declaring that he was here early to give himself a tour. Making his way inside, y/n gulped loudly as he realized just how big the building actually was. Gripping the handle to his bag tightly, y/n started forward, ready to fulfill his mission.

-

About half an hour later, y/n got tired of walking around the building, deciding that exploring his respective classrooms would be enough. Walking towards his homeroom, y/n noticed that green haired boy back from the slime incident along with a brown haired girl he never saw before. They were rambling about something, but y/n didn't really care about what it was. Brushing past them, y/n gained the attention of everyone in the class. Not even sparing them a glance, y/n made his way towards the back of the classroom, sitting down at an empty desk.

Everyone still stared at him in confusion, their gaze only breaking once they hear a foreign voice coming from the doorway.

"If you want to stand around, do it somewhere else." The students looked in shock at the tired looking man huddled in a yellow sleeping bag on the floor. "This is the hero course." Standing up, the man looked towards the class. "I'm your homeroom teacher, Shouta Aizawa. Nice to meet you." Y/n inwardly sighed as he rested his head on his desk, already exhausted from being around so many heroes.

"It's kind of sudden, but put these on and go out on the field." Aizawa pulled out some sort of jumpsuit from his sleeping bag, the students still frozen from shock, with a few exceptions such as y/n and a duotone haired boy. They both went up to grab a uniform, the others soon following after they were released from their frozen state. After changing they all went out to the field as instructed.

"A quirk assessment test?!" The students shouted in unison, y/n rubbing his temples to relieve himself from the oncoming headache.

"What about the entrance ceremony?! The orientation?!" The brown haired girl from earlier asked, making the teacher sigh.

"If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events." The male then went on to talk about middle school physical fitness tests. Y/n watched with interest as the teacher called out to someone, asking them to throw a softball.

His eyes widened slightly as he saw the blond from the slime incident.

"Seems like a reunion." He thought to himself with an amused expression. The blond male, who y/n now knew to call 'Bakugou', went and threw the softball, adding an explosion to his throw, yelling out "DIE!" before releasing. All the students watched in amazement as the ball went flying, a trail of smoke being left behind. Aizawa then showed the results of Bakugou's throw, leaving the students in shock once more.

"What?! 705 meters!"

"What is this? It looks fun!"

"So we can use our quirks as much as we want?!" A bunch of students started spouting out their thoughts.

"It looks fun, huh?" Aizawa asked. "You have three years to become a hero. Will you have an attitude like that the whole time?" With a more demented expression, Aizawa continued. "Alright then, Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential, and will be punished with expulsion."

This caused all the students to yell out again in shock, causing y/n to grunt in annoyance.

"We're free to do what we want about the circumstances of our students." Lifting his bangs out of his face, Aizawa smirked. "Welcome to UA's hero course!" The students looked on with determination until the brown haired girl stepped forward.

"Last place will be expelled?! But it's the first day of school! It's totally unfair." Y/n sighed, already fed up.

"You're in a hero course, do you think everything is gonna be fair for you?" He grunted out, not caring about the looks he got from his fellow classmates.

Aizawa stared at y/n with an unreadable expression, causing the teen to stare right back.

"He's right." Aizawa turned his head, not paying any attention to y/n's raising brow. "Go beyond. Plus Ultra." Curling his pointer finger with a 'bring it on' gesture, he continued. "Overcome it with all you've got." Y/n uncrossed his arms, stretching his neck and rolling his shoulders.

"All right. Let's show these heroes how it's done."