Chapter 12

After the lunch break was over, the last event was revealed. With sixteen finalists, there would be eight one-on-one match-ups in the first round. The winner of each match-up moves on to the next round, where there are four one-on-one match-ups. Then the winners of those match-ups move onto the semi finals, then the winners from the semi-finals move onto the finals. It was simple and easy to understand.

"Now let's draw lots to figure out the teams." Midnight started, pulling out a box with the names of the students.

"Um, excuse me?" Everyone turned their attention over to Ojirou. "I'd like to drop out." Everyone gasped in shock at his request.

"Ojirou, why?!" Midoriya questioned.

"This is your chance to get noticed by the pros!" Iida exclaimed.

"The cavalry battle...I have no memories of anything that happened up until the tail end." Ojirou told them. "It was probably his quirk that did it..." Midoriya turned his head and spotted Shinsou, who Ojirou was teamed up with. "I know this is a great opportunity, and how stupid it must seem to throw it away, but this final tournament...Everyone else made it here by their own strength, yet I'm standing here, and I don't even know how or why." The tailed man clenched his fists and scowled. "I just can't take it."

"You're thinking about it too hard! Just show what you're made of in the tournament!" Tooru exclaimed. That's when y/n noticed that all the girls from class 1-A were wearing cheerleader outfits. Why? He had no idea.

"No...I'm talking about my pride here...I don't think it's right...And why the heck are you girls dressed like that anyway...?" Ojirou furrowed his brows.

"I can't remember anything either! I wanna withdraw too!" Suddenly, a student from class 1-B yelled out, making the same request as Oijirou. "This is a contest of skill. Letting someone who didn't do anything advance...Doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of the sports festival? Isn't it even against the rules?" The male asked.

"These guys...! So manly!" Kirishima teared up comically, clenching his fists around the fabric over his chest.

"How naive and green..." Midnight started. "I like it!" She exclaimed.

"She...likes it...?" Y/n raised a brow.

"Replacing those two that dropped out will be members of team Kendo, which took fifth place in the cavalry battle." Midnight explained. The girl who y/n assumed was Kendo shook her head.

"We were immobilized nearly the whole time! I think that team Tetsutetsu should be the ones to move on. They were giving it their all to keep what they had until the very end!" Kendo explained.

"You...You guys!" A silver haired man with impressive eyelashes cried out.

"Then so be it. Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki bring us back up to sixteen competitors! Here are the match-ups!" Midnight pointed the the screen behind her, revealing the match-ups.

Midoriya vs. Shinsou

Todoroki vs. Sero

Shiozaki vs. Kaminari

Iida vs. Eita

Ashido vs. Aoyama

Tokoyami vs. Yaoyorozu

Tetsutetsu vs. Kirishima

Uraraka vs. Bakugou

Y/n read through the names, quickly finding his own. So he was against Iida, huh?