Chapter 21

It was too noisy. The footsteps echoing in the halls felt much too loud on y/n's tired ears. There were muffled conversations being held from beyond his door. Rubbing his dry eyes and huffing in annoyance, y/n sat up, feeling less than sleep deprived as he had suffered a long, sleepless night.

Moving to get changed, y/n looked at the time, the ticking of the clock on the wall irritating him to no end. The fabric of his clothes seemed to rub against his skin a lot more than usual, and his hair wouldn't calm even after brushing and patting it down a million times. He already knew that today would be a bad day. He only hoped that a warm shower would calm his nerves. Stepping out into the hall after collecting everything he needed, y/n was instantly hit with the smell of something burning.

Swiftly making it down into the common room, y/n looked towards the kitchen area, spotting the small toaster smoking up, a frazzled Kaminari cursing and trying to solve the problem.

"Apparently he tried to speed up the process by using his quirk..." Y/n nearly jumped as Sero's amused voice sounded right behind him. "This is the result."

"You people are too sprightly in the morning..." Y/n groaned, moving away from Sero before making his way towards the bathroom, trying to block out the awful noises and smells surrounding what would usually be a peaceful morning. Upon entering, y/n noticed there were a good amount of people already in there.

"Oh! Good morning Eita-kun!" Midoriya smiled kindly around his toothbrush. Y/n only hummed in response, ignoring everything around him as he prepared for his shower. Stripping down, y/n inwardly shuddered as the chilly morning air hit his naked skin. As soon as the water was warm enough, the male slipped under the shower head, relishing in the warm, therapeutic feeling of the water droplets splashing on his tense body. He spent much longer in the shower than he should have, becoming lost in his own thoughts.

"Is everything alright in there?" A knock sounded alongside a familiar, calm voice, snapping y/n out of his trance, reminding him that he still had yet to get out and get ready. After turning off the water, y/n moved aside the shower curtain, his eyes meeting a heterochromatic pair. The owner's pale shoulders caught y/n's eye, making the male realize that Todoroki was just as naked as he was, both of their forms uncovered, unlike the time at the camp baths.

Apologizing shortly, y/n maneuvered his way around the duo-tone haired male, his gaze averted, swiftly grabbing his towel and covering himself. After finishing drying himself off, y/n finished the rest of his morning routine. Fortunately, the shower had calmed him down quite a bit, and he didn't feel nearly as agitated anymore. But there were many things that were still lingering at the back of his mind, thoughts that were far less trivial than how uncomfortable his uniform felt. With a good ten minutes to spare, and with no appetite to go and prepare breakfast, y/n sat himself on the couch in the common room, allowing his thoughts to consume him.

"Eita!" A call of his name brought the male out of his daze. Ripping his gaze from the wall across the room, y/n spotted Kirishima looking at him with curiosity. "What's up with your hands?" Y/n looked down at his hands in his lap, his eyes widening as he saw the blackened appendages. The male swiftly shoved his hands between his thighs, hiding them from Kirishima's sight.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it..." Y/n muttered, not looking up at Kirishima. With reluctance, Kirishima let it go, not wanting to tread dangerous waters, considering y/n was obviously conflicted with something that happened during the Kamino incident. Seeing as he wasn't going to push it, y/n sighed and opened his thighs slightly, taking a peak at his fingers squished between them. To his surprise and relief, they were no longer blackened. Standing up, y/n grabbed his things and headed towards the exit, deciding to head to class early and escape this building full of chaos.