Chapter 17

"Morning, kids." Aizawa greeted his half-awake students. Y/n was almost falling over from his sleepy daze. His hair was a mess, his eyelids were heavy, and he felt like yawning every two seconds. "Today, the real training camp begins. Ideally, you will all emerge stronger. Strong enough to acquire your provisional licenses. More specifically, there's a growing hostile force out there. Through this, you'll be prepared to face it, so stay sharp and work hard." Aizawa grabbed a softball from his pocket, tossing it to Bakugou. "To start, here, Bakugou. Try throwing this."

"This is from the strength trials..." Bakugou muttered as he caught the ball with one hand.

"Last time, right after school started, your record was 705.2 meters. How much have you grown since then?" Aizawa questioned, the students now more awake and alert, watching Bakugou swing his arm around swiftly, anticipating the moment he throws it.

"Here we freaking go..." Bakugou reeled his arm back. "Go to hell!" He threw his arm forward as hard as he could, releasing the ball along with adding an explosion to make it fly further. Everyone looked to Aizawa, who was looking at the device with Bakugou's results. The device beeped and Aizawa glanced at it before showing it off to the students.

"709.6 meters." Everyone looked at the results confusedly.

"Huh? Not much farther than before..." Sero muttered.

"Yes. You have been through a lot these past three months, undoubtedly you've all grown. But it's only your techniques and minds that have matured. Well, and your bodies a bit. But as you've all just seen, your quirks haven't kept up with the pace. Starting today, you'll improve on your quirks." Aizawa smiled creepily as he explained. "This'll be so harsh that you'll wish you were dead, so do your best to stay alive..."

With specific instructions and insight for each person from Aizawa, the students all scattered to start their training, moving to areas that would cater to their training needs.

Y/n stood at the top of a cliff, looking down to the ground that was about fifteen meters down. He backed up from the cliff, rolling his shoulders and neck, getting into a take off position.

"Here goes nothing." Y/n took off, running and jumping off the cliff, flipping over and spreading out his limbs as he fell so that he'd land on his back. "Guh!" Y/n grunted as he hit the floor, his body absorbing the impact, the energy spreading through his body, trying to find a way out. Y/n shakily stood up, trying to keep that energy contained. "I'm ready." He muttered, a sweat breaking out from his hairline.

"Alright!" Kirishima ran forward for an attack, hardening his body, but before he could land a blow on y/n's body, the male released all the energy built up inside of him, pushing Kirishima away and nearly breaking through the boy's hardened shell.

"Nngh..." Y/n grit his teeth and placed his hands on his knees, keeling over and panting heavily, his muscles contracting and tensing up, a dull throbbing going through his body as it was not used to extracting so much energy at once.

"Damn..." Kirishima was on the same boat, panting and wincing as his body ached, his once hardened skin softened back to normal. The male didn't have much time to recover as Ojirou approached and started throwing blows with his tail, forcing Kirishima to harden again to protect himself.

Meanwhile, y/n groaned and stood up straight, turning around to look at the cliff he had jumped off of. He had to get back up there, but he wasn't allowed to go the normal route. Aizawa had told him he needed to use his quirk in more ways than one. Silently apologizing to his body, y/n jumped and released energy pulses, launching himself up into the air, kicking his legs down while simultaneously releasing energy pulses so that he'd keep moving up.