Chapter 23

"There are people there..." Shoji spoke.

"Wh-What?! Old people and little kids?! What are they doing?!" Sato exclaimed.

"They're all in very high demand for all sorts of drills as pros at needing rescue! They're the staff of the 'Help Us Company,' or 'Huc' for short!" The announcer stated.

"Pros at needing rescue...?" Y/n raised a brow.

"Man, there sure are a lot of occupations out there..." Another student mumbled.

"The folks of Huc are on standby all over the field disguised as casualties. It's your mission to extricate them. This time you and your rescue efforts will be graded via points. If at the end of the exercise you have exceeded the watermark score, you will have cleared the exam. The test starts in ten minutes, so do what you must before then."

Some of the Shiketsu students came over to talk with the Yuuei kids, including Naomi. Kaminari and Mineta had been all over Midoriya for working with some girl from Kitetsu, but once they caught sight of Naomi sitting with y/n, they jumped on him.

"And you! I don't know if it's your movie star good-looks, but why do you always have all the cute girls fawning over you! Share a bit, man!" The electric male whined. Naomi blushed at the indirect compliment from Kaminari. Y/n just furrowed his brows and rolled his eyes.

"Girls aren't possessions to 'share'. Fuck off." Y/n grunted. Before anyone could say anything else, a blaring alarm sounded, shocking everyone to their feet.

"A terrorist attack by villains has unfolded! The scope of the damage encompasses the entirety of X City, and the collapsed buildings have injured a great many!" The announcer exclaimed.

"This must be the scenario of the exercise." Asui stated. The walls of the room began to fall outwards, revealing the dusty sight of the destroyed terrain.

"The damage to the roads is severe, causing considerable delays to the first-responders! The heroes on the scene must lead the rescue efforts until they make it there. Save as many lives as you can, even if it's just one!" And with that, everyone took off, hoping to pass this final part of the exam.

Using 'Skywalk', y/n surveyed the area, looking for one of the victims. Spotting a frail woman, he let himself fall down next to her, startling her slightly.

"Hero! Are you a hero?!" She cried. These people were amazing actors...

"Yes, I am. Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He asked, looking over the woman.

"My baby! Please help my baby!" Fake blood dripped down her forehead as sobs wracked through her body. "I don't care about myself! Please save my baby!" She pleaded, grabbing onto y/n's shoulders. Y/n sweat, his eyes shifting. He had no clue what he was doing. Looking around, he saw that many heroes were moving and doing the best to their ability to help these victims.

"Miss, I can assure you that you and your child will be safe. There are many of us here trying to do our best. Please allow me to take you to the first aid station nearby, I'm sure your child will show up there as well." Y/n told her, breathing out in relief as she nodded and began to calm down. "Before I move you to a safe point, are you hurt seriously?"

"No. I just got a scratch on my forehead." The woman informed. Y/n nodded and scooped her up in his arms. "Wh-What are you doing? I'm sure I can walk!" She yelped.

"The terrain around here is unstable and uneven. We wouldn't want you to fall and injure yourself further, now would we?" Y/n gave her a soft smile before making his way back to the safe point.