Chapter 15

All students of class 1-A stood before the faculty of Yuuei, sporting their hero costumes. Aizawa stood front and center, his eyes glancing over the tense yet determined expressions of his students.

"Let's begin your practical exam." He said simply. "It is, of course, possible to fail this exam. If you want to attend the training camp, then don't mess this up."

"There sure are a lot of teachers here..." Jirou muttered under her breath, Hagakure's floating gloves next to her pointing to each of the teachers, counting up to eight of them.

"Knowing you guys, you probably asked around, and you might think you have a vague idea of how this'll go..." Aizawa was cut off and Kaminari and Ashido began to shout.

"It's a robot rumble, like the entrance exam!"

"Fireworks! Curry! Truth or dare!"

"Not quite!" Suddenly, the principal popped out from Aizawa's scarf, climbing down onto the floor. "Various circumstances have demanded a revision to the exam format!" He explained.

"The principal!" Sero gasped, ignoring as Kaminari's and Ashido's enthusiasm dropped below zero next to him.

"A revision...?" Yaoyorozu questioned.

"Well, you see..." Nedzu started. "From now on, we'll focus on battles against flesh-and-blood opponents. It is critical that our teaching simulates practical experience as closely as possible!" The mouse-like man explained. "As such, you students will be pairing up, and fighting one of the teachers you see here!"

"Against a teacher...?" Uraraka questioned.

"Your pairings and assigned teacher have already been decided. Your battle moves, your grades, your friendships with one another, all these factors and more were considered...so without further ado..." Aizawa placed his gaze on the first pair. "First, Todoroki is with Yaoyorozu..." He trailed off, his dull expression morphing into a smirk. "Against me." He then turned to Midoriya. "Next, Midoriya is with Bakugou."

"De...?!"

"Ka...?!" Aizawa's statement had brought shock to both Midoriya's and Bakugou's eyes, both of them turning to look at each other.

"And, your opponent..." Aizawa was cut off.

"Will be me!" All Might emerged from the crowd of teachers. Y/n had to wonder how he hadn't seen him before. "You will have to work together to win...so come at me, two of you!" All Might exclaimed, Midoriya and Bakugou still keeping their shocked gazes at each other.

Aizawa continued to list off the teams. Ashido and Kaminari against the principal, Aoyama and Uraraka against Thirteen, Koda and Jirou against Present Mic, Asui and Tokoyami against Ectoplasm, Sero and Mineta against Midnight, Hagakure and Shouji against Snipe, Sato and Kirishima against Cementoss, Iida and Oijirou against Power Roader. Which left only y/n, both without a partner and a teacher.

"As for you, Eita, we've looked everything over, and we've come to the conclusion that you are a very well rounded student. You analyze things well and you have little problems in the situations you've been put in. We're not too worried about your opponent in this case. So we're giving you a choice." Aizawa told y/n, all of classs 1-A and the teachers now looking at him. "Which team would you like to join?"

Y/n's eyes glided over the teachers. They were all pros, they were all heroes. He wanted nothing more than to smash all of them to the ground. But more than anything, he wanted to defeat someone in particular, the taste of victory would be so satisfying on his tongue. Y/n stared at the pro hero, pointing his finger at the man.