Luffy becomes an apprentice

Days went by after the big fight the children had. Luffy went with Naguri to trained be a pirate. As for Ace, Sabo, and (Y/n), they tried to think of a way to defeat the tiger. So far their plans have fail. Right now, they are running for their lives as they were being chased by the giant tiger. They were arguing with each other as they ran away from the beast. Ace's plan was to fight the tiger face to face and it failed. (Y/n) tried to be reasonable and tried to attack from behind. Like the first plan, it failed. Sabo tried to make a trap for the tiger and just like the rest of the plans, that failed. They continued to run for their lives in the forest as trees and snow was being knocked everywhere. The sun was beginning to set as the trio was able to escape the tiger. Sabo and (Y/n) were discussing on how to beat the tiger as Ace walked in front of them.

"Okay, not our finest hour. Lets put some poison mushrooms into the bait tomorrow." Sabo suggested. "That should flow him down."

"True. Wait a minute. That tiger may be big, but its still a cat. Maybe we can try using catnip on that beast!" (Y/n) smiled at her idea.

Sabo and (Y/n) saw that Ace wasn't listening. They tried to call for his attention. They tried by mentioning Luffy since they haven't seen him for a week when he started his training. Sabo suggested that they should go visit him. (Y/n) even mention that Luffy might want to join them since they believed that the training might be too hard on him. Finally the both of them yelled that they didn't hear anything from Luffy because he was died! Still, there was no response from Ace, until he stopped.

Ace turns to Sabo and (Y/n). "What, guys?"

"Oh come on! Don't you care about your little brother at all?" Sabo asked. "Stop playing cool, Ace! 'Cause it ain't working." (Y/n) joined Sabo. Ace turned and crossed his arm. "Shut up! He's the one who left. Its not my problem if he dies."

(Y/n) shakes her head at him. "Listen, Ace, I don't know what's going on in that head of your's but  Luffy is-" (Y/n) was cut off when they heard a tree coming down. The trio screamed as they flee away from the falling tree. They made it on the other side without any injuries. They groaned as sat up.

"What the hell?" Sabo groans. "What made that tree fall?" (Y/n) rubs her head. Their questions were answered when they heard a familiar voice running towards them. "Oops, sorry! You okay?" The familiar voice turns out to be Luffy.

"Luffy!" (Y/n), Ace, and Sabo called out his name. Luffy smiled and jumped around, happy to see his older siblings. "Ace! Sabo! (Y/n)! Hey what's up, guys!" Coming from behind him was Nagari. "How you've been?" Luffy asked. Sabo chuckled nervously. "Pretty good."

Night had came and everyone was back at Naguri's hide out in Gray Terminal. Sabo and (Y/n) stared at the target with a poorly drawn tiger. (Y/n) titled her head in confusion. "Is that supposed to be a target.

"Oh, you two noticed huh?" Luffy asked. Sabo and (Y/n) turned towards Luffy. He gives out a chuckle."Let me show you the moves I've been working on." He readies himself my retracting his arm. "Gum-Gum Pistol!" He stretched his arm, but missed the target. Instead, he hits Naguri in the face. (Y/n) and Sabo laughed at his mistake.

"Not bad at all. Your aim still sucks, but your reach as gotten pretty far." Sabo comments. (Y/n) nods in agreement. "True, that training is really pulled though for you." Luffy laughed. "I met to do that." As the three of them continued to talk, they didn't noticed Ace and Naguri talking. They were discussing on how Luffy was able to get so much stronger. Soon their discussion was changed to Roger. Naguri told him that Roger spared his life since he was going to sacrifice himself to save his crew. Not even noticing that (Y/n), Luffy, and Sabo began to walked towards them as they talked, but they stopped when they heard Ace yelling.

"If Roger had a son, you think he should be grateful too?!" Ace yelled. He continued to glare at the old man. Naguri smiles at the boy. "Actually, I'd feel sorry for him." Nagrui began to explain on why he would feel sorry. Roger's name would haunt his son where ever he goes and he wouldn't blame him for hating him. If he were his son then he wouldn't be a pirate, Roger's name would be wherever he goes. Ace finally had enough, he didn't want to hear anymore from Naguri. He orders the old man to fight him. Using his pipe, he goes to strike Naguri, but it was blocked by his hammer.

"Woah! What!" Sabo yells. "Ace! What are you doing!" (Y/n) was startled. Naguri continues to hold his own. "I'd be careful, boy. Like I said, you lose a fight you lose your life." Naguri warns. "I'm never going to lose to you!" Ace attacks him. they counted to fight as the others watched. Ace tried to strike Naguri at a weak spot, but Naguri was able to block him. Ace continued to strike, but he still misses. Naguri was able to knock Ace's pip away from him and aims his hammer at Ace's head.

"You still got some growing to do." Naguri said.

"Dammit! Spare me another lecture and just finish me off!" Ace demands.

"I'll spare another lecture and a violent death if you come with me."

What Naguri demands was getting really confusing for the others. The four children followed the old man to another part of the mountain. As they continued to walk, Luffy told them that they would love what they see. Sabo stared in awe of what he is witnessing. "Wow! I didn't know there was a cove right here this is amazing."

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Sabo." (Y/n) followed him.

The children finally made to where Naguri lead them. The children stared in awe of what they are witnessing. Turns out that there was a ship that was being hidden in a cove. Now they finally understood why Naguri was collecting lots a parts from Gray Terminal.

"Naguri, is that why you collect all those part?" (Y/n) asked.

"Since I have been working all alone , its gone a bit slow." Naguri explains. "Anyhow, you kids are pretty tough, mind lending me a hand?"

The four kids, except for Luffy were confused.

"Why would I do that?" Ace asked.

"Because I spared your life, you ungrateful little snot." Naguri said.

"That's fine for Ace, but how did (Y/n) and I get looped into this mess?" Sabo asked. (Y/n) placed her hands on her hips. "Sabo's right. We didn't do anything."

"Well, you two did follow us." Naguri smirked.

"What is this!? A child labor scheme!?" Sabo and (Y/n) grew angrier. "We have a tight schedule since we are using our time to take down a tiger." (Y/n) tried to reason.

"I could give you both some tiger hunting pointers if you stick around." Naguri bargained.

"Yeah!" Sabo began to yell, but he calmed down. "Okay. Maybe."

Ace was quite at first, but he spoke. "I got one question. What are you going to do when the ship is done?" Naguri smiled as he took his pipe away from his mouth. "I'm taking out to sea, of course. To find my cremates that split up all those years ago."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" (Y/n) questioned him.

"And why not? I was a captain once, not some rookie."

"Yeah, but that was along time ago."

"No matter how old you are, you could always chase your dreams." Naguri explains. "I'm sailing again and no one's going to stop me. Once a pirate, always a pirate." He points his hammer at the children. (Y/n), Sabo, and Luffy laughed lightly as they agreed with the old man. They weren't going to stop him. (Y/n) noticed Ace walking away from them. "Ace?" (Y/n) was about to follow him, but he stopped. "You spared my life, what can I say? I'll help you build your...For now." Ace turns to Naguri. "Cause I'm beating you tomorrow." After what he said, Ace walks away.

(Y/n) shakes her head as she lets out a nervous giggle. "Now there's our Ace. Never know what he might say."

Nguari lets out a smile. After that day, it will soon be time to help Naguri build his ship to be able to find his crew.