Where's Luffy

The sun began to set as (Y/n) finished up her chores. She heard that Ace was back. That meant Luffy was also back. Or so she thought. She ran outside and saw the bandits around the fish Ace has caught. She smiled at the amount of fish, but her smiled faded when she didn't see Luffy with him. 

"Hey, Ace. Where's Luffy?" (Y/n) asked. Ace passed by her as he enters the house. "Beats me." 

(Y/n) became melancholy as Ace's attitude towards her. She wanted to be friends after she forgave him for spitting on Luffy. She views back at the forest where Luffy ran after Ace. "Luffy..." 

Night came, Dogra and Magra were on top of the house as they tried to spot Luffy with their telescopes. (Y/n) was standing outside the door, hoping Luffy would come back already. She sighs in defeat as she enters the house. She sat by the door as he hugs her knees close to her. She didn't have to look up the she hear Magra and Dogra came in. Magra looked at (Y/n) as he ruffles her hair in comfort and follows Dogra to talk to Dadan. 

(Y/n) walked closer as he hear everything Dadan was saying and they were all about blaming Garp if Luffy was dead. (Y/n) knew that Dadan didn't mean those words she was saying, she was drunk after all. 

"Does this look like a damn day care to you?! If Garp couldn't take care of the boy then he has no right to talk!" Dadan slurs. "You should tell him that not us." Magra said. Dadan ignores him as she continues to drink "And there's that girly brat. If she gets killed out there then we could blame it on Garp. He was the one that adopted her as his granddaughter. What would happened if her old man knew she was died? He can just go after Garp and not us. I wonder if the government will do to her if they knew if that pirate had a daughter, probably something awful."Dadan laughed. 

(Y/n) frowns more as she felt tears in her eyes. She knew the consequences of being children to pirates. Her dad would be heartbroken if something happen to her. This is why (Y/n) hated the corruption of the World Government. It was unfair for lots of people in this cruel world. 

"You know what, while we're at it screw Ace too!" Dadan drank more. (Y/n) continued to listen, but she didn't knew Ace was standing behind her listening to Dadan too. "If he dies, then we'll tell Garp it was in accident. That would be the truth wouldn't it? The Devil's children as the Devil's luck. 'Cause Ace is the Devil's son for sure." 

(Y/n) covers her mouth to her gasp. 'Devil's son? What does that mean?' She thought as Ace glares at Dadan. 

"What do you think the government would do if they find out about him. Ha! I'll take my chances with Garp." Dadan laughed. "Hey, you don't mean that boss." Magra insured. "Yeah, that's the booze talking. Just sleeping it off." Dogra instructed. 

(Y/n) shook her head as she turns to head towards her bedroom, but gasped as she noticed Ace standing behind her. "Ace, how long were you standing there?" She asked. "Long enough to hear Dadan's drunk talk." Ace growled. He walks towards (Y/n), just enough to be close to her face. "You're dad's a pirate?" He asked and (Y/n) nodded. He grunts as he walks towards the bedroom. 

"Hey Ace," (Y/n) grabs his wrist. "What did Dadan mean that you're the Devil's son?" Ace glared at her and tucked his wrist away from her. "It's none of your damn business." He walked inside the room, leaving (Y/n) confused. 

Over the next few day, (Y/n) would walk in the forest to search for Luffy. She would call out his name hoping a response, but nothing. Just birds chirping. Whenever night came, she'll retire and try to find him the next day. 

(Y/n) was laying down with her pillow and blanket as she tried, but she couldn't. Tears began to escape from her eyes as she tried to held them in. More and more tears came dow as she quietly sobs. "I'm sorry, Luffy...I'm sorry, Dad...I failed to keep my promise...I'm sorry..."

What she didn't know that Ace was listening to her. Every exact word she said. He hated to admit it, but he was beginning to feel bad for her. He reaches his hand out to comfort her, but he retracts it. He shakes his head as he lays back down trying to sleep. 

One week had passed and still no sign of Luffy. Everyone was sleeping peacefully, but their dog began to bark rapidly. Dogra woke up and went to check what the bark was barking at. When he opened the door, he gasped when he saw Luffy covered in wounds. 

"Boss! Get out here quick! Wake up!" Dogra shouts. 

Dadan, Magra, and (Y/n) wake up as they walked towards the door. Their eye's widen when they saw Luffy. 

"Luffy!" (Y/n) ran up to him. She hugged him tight and examined his wounds. "What happened to you?!" 

Dadan walks up to them. "You're alive! Why'd you scare us like that, huh!?" She stretched Luffy's  face. "Where the hell were you and what were you doing!?"

"I was stuck at the bottom of the valley. Getting chased by wolves." Luffy said with his all stretched out. (Y/n) knew that Luffy was hurt, but she couldn't but try to cover up her giggles at his stretched out face. "Are you nuts!? What the heck were you doing down!?" Dogra questioned, but Luffy couldn't answer him. 

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore. You're back safe and sound." (Y/n) smiled. Dadan lets go of Luffy's face. "The nothing good about it." She grabs puffy and takes him inside the house. She grumbles as she threw him into a room. "Get some sleep, because you're working bright and early tomorrow." She slams the door, but opens it again when she saw Luffy already snoring away. 

After Dadan left, (Y/n) grabbed a first aid kit and began to treat Luffy's wounds.She dabbed the cloth carefully on his wounds to disinfect and clean them. She grabs some bandages and wrapped them around his body. Once she finished, (Y/n) carefully picks up Luffy and placed him on her bed and pulls the covers over him. She yawned as she fell asleep next to him. (Y/n) didn't even noticed that Ace woke up and witnessed everything she did for Luffy. He gets up and pulls and extra blanket over her. 

'Why did I do that for her?' Ace questioned in his thought. He goes back to his bed, but not before looking at (Y/n) one last time, noticing a small smile on her face. 'What is with this girl?'