Growing up

3 years later

Yes, that is right. Three has passed for Ace, (Y/n), and Luffy. They have grow stronger and they're appearance has also changed. Luffy is now ten years old and he has grown a little taller since he was seven, but has always kept his hat as promised to Shanks. Ace is thirteen years old now and he has grew a bit of muscle from the constant train he has been doing. He even gotten taller as well. Finally, (Y/n) has grown taller than Luffy, but she was still shorter than Ace. Her strength has grown. Her beauty was also growing as she turned into an official teen. Not only that, but her body was developing for the upcoming of her to be a young woman. 

Overtime Ace would gaze at (Y/n), he would slowly understand of what Sabo meant that (Y/n) will help him understand what his true feelings are. He tried to deny it, but he would fail. He understood why he felt so fuzzy and warm around (Y/n). He just hoped that she might felt the same way he feels for her. 

Ace, (Y/n), and Luffy were in their usual spot in the forest as they trained to become stronger. Luffy was fighting against (Y/n) as Ace was keeping track of the score. Of course, the fight didn't last long since Luffy kept losing to (Y/n) and Ace. All (Y/n) had to do was grab Luffy's arm every time he does a Gum-Gum Pistol. She twirls Luffy around and lets him go as he collides into a tree. Luffy felt dizzy as he tried to get up. 

"Looks like (Y/n) wins again." Ace marked another point for (Y/n). "Oh, come on! I want another try! I bet I can beat you for sure!" Luffy exclaims. (Y/n) walks up to Luffy and helps him up. "Sorry, Luffy. You know the rules, so that means you have to wait tomorrow to fight Ace and I again." 

Luffy continued to complain as he wanted to fight against Ace and (Y/n) again. They ignored him as they all walk out to hunt for some food. Since today was pretty much a tiring day, they decided to just hunt for a very large fish. They grabbed their water pipes and go down to the river. They waited on top of the trees as they waited for find a big fish for the three of them to eat. 

"Aaahhh! When are we going to catch a fish! I'm starving!!!" Luffy whines. "Not gonna lie, I'm getting hungry too!" Ace agrees. "Can you guys stop acting like babies. Besides you guys are always hungry. Especially you, Luffy. Your stomach is a bottomless pit." (Y/n) groans in annoyance. (Y/n) continues to hear the two boys complaining about not seeing a big fish, but their prayers have been healed when they spotted a huge fish. Huge enough to fill all three of their stomachs. "Okay, guys...Attack!!!" Ace shouts. Luffy and (Y/n) cheered as they go after the fish. They each used their water pipes to knock out the fish, but (Y/n) had to dive in the water because they forgot that Luffy had Devil-Fruit powers. Ace grabbed the fish before it got drifted away by the water. Ace began to start a fire to cook the fish while (Y/n) was scolding Luffy as she dried herself and him too. 

"Next time, I should have let you drown. I keep telling you not to go into the water because of your rubber power." (Y/n) squeezes the water out of her (h/l) red hair. "Not my fault that you got wet." Luffy picks his nose. "Of course it is!!!" (Y/n) yelled out in anger. "Hey, if you guys are done arguing, the food is done." Ace called out for them. Finishing drying themselves, Luffy and (Y/n) sat by Ace as he cuts up the fish in three pieces. "Hey, my piece is smaller than yours." Luffy whined about his piece. (Y/n) sighed and cuts small piece from her fish. "Here, Luffy. Now you can get full." Luffy thanked her and began to happily eat his pieces of fish. "Why do you always give Luffy more pieces of food from your plate?" Ace raised his brow. "You want to hear Luffy complaining while we eat?" (Y/n) questioned back. "You got a point." Ace ate a piece of his fish. The three of them happily ate their food as they laughed and joked with each other. Ace would sometime stare at (Y/n) as she laughed. He smiled at her as he can continued to have the strange feeling in his chest. The most he feels it, the more he tried to under stand it. He didn't even notice that (Y/n) has been calling out his name. 

"Hey, Ace. You okay? You've been staring at me. Do I have something on my face." (Y/n) began to clean her face to see if she had anything on it. "Oh, no! Sorry. I was just thinking." Ace answered. (Y/n) smiled at him and grabs his hand. "What you thinking about?" Ace's face turned red in embarrassment. "I-I-I was thinking about..." Ace lost in train in thought as she stared into (Y/n)'s eyes. "I was thinking about...." Ace and (Y/n) didn't know that they were leaning in closer to each other. Their eyes were half closed as they started into each other's eyes. Their lips were close, but they were interrupted by a certain someone they forgot that was with them. "What are you guys doing?" Luffy asked as he tilted his head to the side. Ace and (Y/n) quickly pulled away from each other and they blushed at each other. "Luffy!! What the hell?! How long you've been there?!" Ace barked. "I've been with you guys all day." Luffy answered. "Maybe we should head back to our forts. Besides, its getting dark." (Y/n) calmed herself. The boys agreed and the three of them walked together back to their forts. 

Once they made it back, the sun had finally sent. They saw the bandits entering inside the house as they decided to call it a day. Once Luffy enters inside his fort, he collapsed from exhaustion and falls asleep instantly. (Y/n) giggles and covers him with his blanket. Before (Y/n) could enter inside her fort, Ace grabs her hand. "Ace, is something wrong?" She asked. "No, I just need to talk to you alone and...in private." Ace answered. (Y/n) understood what he meant and nods at him. He smiles at her and leads her back to the forest. 

As he lead her deep into the forest, his thoughts were swimming his head. He knew (Y/n) is very important to him, but what was it? He did have a very strong attachment when it comes to being close to him. Then it suddenly hits him. The letter from Sabo. He remembered that Sabo writing to Ace that he will understand what his feelings for (Y/n) are. He thought for a moment and an idea popped in his head. He was in love with (Y/n)! He just hoped that she felt the same way for him too.