19~ War Council

The next morning, Kendrick told me to get ready. I would be attending a war council at the Claw Pack, as an ally and asset. I was not part of the pack, and almost no one knew I was Kendrick’s mate. This helped keep things calm, at least for now. I could deal with the whole mate thing later. And since I was staying at the pack and close to Kendrick, I wouldn’t have to worry about heat either.

I quickly got dressed and walked down to the mess hall. Apparently, that was where the war council was held. I wondered how they could discuss serious matters while pups were playing hide-and-seek not even twenty feet away.

I met Luna Oriana in the hallway. ‘Good morning,’ I said. She smiled and repeated the greeting.

‘So,’ she said, ‘how did your talk with Kendrick go last night?’ I sighed.

‘That’s not very important,’ I replied, ‘I had another vision.’ Luna was concerned immediately. She knew by now that my visions were not very pleasant.

‘What was it about?’ she asked. I shook my head.

‘I’ll talk about it in the war council.’ I said, holding the door open for her. We walked in, and I saw that breakfast was served. It was a gigantic buffet, of course, us werewolves eat a lot. People were wandering in and out, and a couple of people were sitting at the head table and talking quietly. I assumed they were the pack elders.

Luna and I got some food and headed to a table. We ate in comfortable silence, both of us thinking about different things. About twenty minutes later, Kendrick walked in.
Everyone immediately stood up and bowed to the Alpha as a sign of respect. Everyone except Luna and myself, of course. As if I would ever bow to him.

The children and the other pack members quietly filed out of the room, while others, who looked like pack warriors, walked in. ‘Come on,’ Luna said, and walked to the head table. I followed.

As soon as everyone was seated, Kendrick stood up from his seat at the center of the table and started talking.
‘I will now relay the recent developments of events,’ he said, ‘but I would like to introduce someone first. This is Serena, the ghoul-werewolf hybrid. Some of you might remember her.’ I gave a little wave, and everyone’s eyes were on me. ‘She’s a guest here,’ Kendrick continued, ‘and is to be treated with the utmost respect.’

There were mutterings of “yes Alpha” and  “welcome” all round the table. Kendrick seemed satisfied.
‘I will now start.’

He then started talking about everything that had happened. He spoke about how he had dismissed the treaty with the ghouls, and how their leader, Seraphina, had “disappeared”. He also talked about Athena, the Goddess Flame Bearer, coming in and demanding an explanation.

He then moved onto talking about me, and my vision in front of him. He talked about how they were accurate and depicted both the past and possible future.

After that came a large-scale rouge attack on the pack, which I knew nothing about. It must’ve happened when he knocked me out and threw me in the dungeon.

That explains why I remember them being so exhausted that day.

Vamp arrived, and we had a talk about my parents and how I was the first ghoul-werewolf hybrid. He explained how I then killed the pack witches, which many of them were not happy about but ignored anyway.

He then explained our trip to Witch HQ and how it was confirmed that the battle between the Moon Goddess and the MIA Flame Bearer was at hand. Next came the ghoul attack, where we almost died.

Finally, he moved onto my vision last night.

‘Serena,’ he said, ‘could you please explain?’

I nodded and stood up. I then recounted the scene with the blood and the bodies. And the glowing red eyes. ‘I am sorry to say that the only person I know with glowing red eyes in Dracula,’ I concluded, ‘and this was a vision of the past. But the malicious intent is unmistakable, no matter the time or place.’

As soon as I was done speaking, there was silence around the table. People were still processing the events. I was processing them too. One thing was very prominent to me.

‘Alpha, if I may,’ I asked. Kendrick nodded. ‘speaking from first-hand experience,’ I continued, ‘I think our focus right now should be on finding out why the ghouls require the Legends, the Flame Bearer and me so much. They are the main threat, apart from rouges.’

‘Do not forget the other species have also taken an interest,’ Luna said, ‘there have been reported vampire sightings from all over.’ My eyes widened. Vampires coming out of hiding?! That was practically unheard of. And them revealing their identity was harder to believe.

This situation was like nothing I’d ever heard of before. We had two huge battles on the horizon. The races would definitely be part of the epic battle between the Flame Bearer and the Moon Goddess. I just hoped we would not have to choose sides.

The ghouls could attack at any moment, and once the other species understood what was going on they would undoubtedly join in on the fun.
This was going to be just great.

‘Does anyone have any questions?’ Kendrick asked. A female warrior raised her hand.

‘I volunteer to go out a scouting mission to find the ghoul’s base and their reasons for attacking,’ she said. Kendrick chuckled.

‘That’s not a question,’ he said, ‘but I condemn your initiative. You have my permission. I will send a small group of elite warriors. Seraphina and I will go with them.’ He looked at me for confirmation, and I nodded.

‘The council is dismissed,’ Kendrick said, ‘we will tighten security around the pack borders by following the new patrol map I sent to the warrior captains.’ Everyone stood and bowed respectfully. They then walked out. Luna also pat my back and left.

I remembered that there were pack ranks, the current Alpha and Luna being the highest. Then came the previous Alpha and Luna. The Beta and Beta female. Then the pack elders and warrior captains. Then the warriors. Then the other pack members. But everyone in the community was respected, no matter the rank.

The Luna usually looked over pack issues while the Alpha handled business and relations. I remembered Luna Oriana explaining everything to me a long time ago. Since Ena was Kayden’s mate, and Kayden was the Beta, I wondered if-

‘Sera?’

I snapped out of it. ‘Yeah, Kendrick?’

‘You have to get some rest. If you want to accompany us on the scouting missions, you will have to get some training in. Head up to the suite.’

‘What will you be doing?’

Why did I just ask him that?

He seemed surprised by my question too.

‘I’ll be looking over pack training and the new patrol schedule,’ he replied, ‘and putting together the scouting group. If Kayden was here, the three of us would be enough, but things have changed.’

I nodded. ‘I’ll be upstairs then. But we do need to talk, so contact me as soon as you’re available. Also, I need a phone and a laptop.’

He sighed. ‘I’ll have someone get you new ones. The doctor has said you need to be in bed for at least two days, and you’ve been on your feet for long enough.’

‘What about your burns?’ I countered.

‘Never mind them,’ he replied stiffly, clearly getting tired of the conversation. I decided not the pressure him. I didn’t care anyway.

I turned and headed back to the suite, realizing just how tired I was.
^^^^

Hello! I hope this chapter was a nice summary of events that happened so far.

I would also like to take a minute to talk about the racism going on. I find it utterly disgusting that people are being prosecuted for what race they have been born into.

At times like this we need to stand united. This is totally unacceptable.

Please be kind and and respectful to everyone, no matter their race, color or religion. This has gone on long enough and it is time for it to end.

#BlackLivesMatter