1~ Escape

**BEFORE YOU READ**

As you guys move forward in this book, you will notice that this is a tiny bit different from your typical werewolf story. But if you like trying new stuff, this is for you! It is still very much a paranormal story, just with a lot of different stuff thrown in.

Also, please be patient with me, there will be some typos and grammatical errors. Not a lot, though. I hope you enjoy!

Also, thank you for picking The Faults in Us!

^^^^^

I'm free. 

Those two words kept running through my head as I ran, as fast as I could. As fast as my legs could carry me in my human form.  Without looking back, without any hesitation in my step, I ran. I was finally free. I was so happy I could cry. 

But there was no time. 

As soon as I hit the outskirts of the forest, I shifted. It was painful, I almost screamed, but I pushed through it and ran. My wolf was howling with joy. I was feeling the same way, all traces of the pain gone. 

Every hit, every whip, every slap...

They all made me stronger. 

I won't let that planning and submission go to waste. 

As I ran, I didn't look back. Never will I ever go back to that hell hole. It's over. 

I'm free. 

****

'DRINK'S ON ME!' I yelled loudly, and everyone cheered. I was here, in New Orleans, and it was the time of Mardi Gras. Everyone was out on the streets, dancing and collecting beads, while I and my group of friends were in our usual spot in the local bar, drinking 'till we couldn't anymore. It was a time of celebration, after all!

He was dead!

 'HERE'S TO THAT ASSHOLE! MAY HE ROT IN HELL!' Athena yelled. 

'CHEERS!' 

A few hours later, around two in the morning, Ena and I were the only people left. 

'Hey,' I slurred, clearly drunk (not that I'm going to stay that way for long), 'we should head home. Come on, Ena.'

'Yes! Let's... wait, what?' 

I rolled my eyes. 'Come on,' I said, hauling her off the chair. 

'Bye, David!' she yelled to the bartender, who had graciously put up with us until three am. 

'Thanks!' I yelled too. Ena and I walked to our two-bedroom apartment which wasn't too far away. We undressed and collapsed immediately on the large couch in our underwear, not bothering to remove our makeup or brush our teeth. Hell, we didn't even put pj's on, just slept in our underwear and bras. 

The next morning, I woke up with a slight headache. My werewolf genes took care of the worst parts of a hangover and I knew even that slight pain would be gone in a matter of minutes. 

Ena, however, was a completely different case. 

She was a witch, but unfortunately, they don't have the regenerative powers we do, though they have powerful magic. Ena came to New Orleans about the same time I did and helped me get rid of those bitches who were always on my ass, haunting me and giving me a hard time. 

She's the daughter of one of the Seante, who are these all-powerful witches and are part of this high and mighty witch council that rules all the witches around the world. I pity the witches, they have dictators on the throne. Ena, realizing this fact, ran away from home and found me.