3~ half and half

'What... happened?' I panted. Ena looked at me, worry in her eyes. 

'I don't know. You went into some sort of trance,' she said. I looked around, not recognizing where we were. 

'Where... where are we? What happened?' I moaned, gripped my skull. 

'We're in the lobby of our apartment building,' Ena said, 'you left the house, but I sensed you didn't leave the building. I came down to check if something was wrong and I found you in the doorway, just frozen in place. You were crying and wouldn't reply when I spoke to you. I was scared but... you woke up.'

I stared at her. Then I hugged her tightly, crying. 

'What happened, Serena? What did you see?' she asked, rubbing my back gently. I sniffed and hugged her tighter. 

'Ena,' I said shakily, 'I'm scared. I don't know how much of what I saw was real.' 

'Ssh. It's okay. It's nine-thirty and you left the house seven minutes ago. You didn't leave the building. I came downstairs two minutes ago to find you. Does that help?' she asked. I stepped back and nodded. 'Come on,' she said, 'let's go upstairs. Tell me everything.' 

About half an hour later, I was bundled up on the couch with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands. Ena was sitting next to me, gripping the armrest and thinking hard. I was too exhausted to ask her what she was thinking about. My wolf was agitated and wary, not liking what was happening. Her pacing and growling didn't make my condition any better. 

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. 

'Ena,' I said, 'what's wrong?' She looked at me with a serious look I've never seen before. The Ena I knew was always happy, always smiling. But now, under that look... I was scared shitless. 

'Serena,' she said. I froze. Using my full name? 'I... have a theory. But if it's true... then I have no idea of the future.' I nodded. 

'Spill.'

'Since witches are educated from an early age about the various dominant species of the earth, I know almost everything there is to know about werewolves and the other species,' she said. 'That thing just now... I think you had a vision. A look into a possible future. And... werewolves don't have that ability. There has been no record of a werewolf doing that, ever. 

'So, I started thinking. Only one type of species has the ability to look into the future: the ghouls. And you never knew the reason you were imprisoned and tortured all those years. You never knew your parents. This is a little far-fetched, but... you may be half-ghoul.'

I tilted my head to one side, not understanding. 

'All right, I'm half-ghoul. So what? That doesn't affect me in the least. It never has. Besides, I only feel my wolf. Nothing else.' 

'Ren, you don't understand. You're the first half-werewolf and half-ghoul. I know there have been a few hybrids witch-werewolf and ghoul-vampire, but you're the first of your kind. And that's... something. And it also puts you in grave danger.'

'But... why?' I was thoroughly confused. 

'Think, Ren. Use that non-existent brain of yours. Okay, I know you're smart, but now is not the time for a brain fart. You have the abilities of a werewolf but can see the future like a ghoul. You can turn into a wolf, but might also have other ghoul abilities that you haven't discovered yet. That makes you one of the most valuable beings is existence. Understand?'

I nodded. I did understand. Kind of. I don't know why it was such a big deal to Ena. 

'I think your former Alpha-'

'Don't. Call him. That.'

'Sorry. I think he knew that you were unique and that's why he kept you imprisoned. You escaped, but you tell me you don't remember the specifics of that night. Only blurs. I think your ghoulish side came out. Of course, this is all theory, but... there might be some truth to it. It's also the only explanation I can come up with about what happened.

'Ren, you have to take this seriously. I know you well enough to decipher when you're serious about something and when you just put it off as myth because you're either too lazy to look into it, don't think it's interesting, or hate that people are making a fuss. Now, you're thinking, "Wow, she really knows me well. And if she does, why bother talking to me about it?" Well, because it's fucking important. Your life depends on it. Geddit?'

I sighed. 'I've had a long day. I'm turning in.'

'It's 11 am. You woke up two hours ago.'

'Since you know me so well, I assume you know telling me the time isn't going to stop me from sleeping.' 

I walked to my room and collapsed on my bed. I could hear her sigh all the way inside. 

I said I would sleep, but my mind was racing. Besides, it was only 11 am. 

Whatever Ena said could just be a figment of her imagination. It couldn't be true. But what if it was? What if I really was the first werewolf-ghoul hybrid? That would explain so much, but raise double the amount of questions. 

But after a lot of thought, I came up with only two ways to know for sure, both having a high possibility of being complete failures.

1: Turn into my wolf. 

2: Find him and ask him. 

Option two was out of the picture until option one failed. That would be my last resort. 

Well, I only had two, but still. 

'Ena?!' I yelled. She walked to my room. Unlike me, Ena is one of the most active people I know. 

Wait, aren't werewolves supposed to be active?

Well, I was one of a kind after all. 

'What?' Ena asked, 'Decided to finally do something?'

I smiled. 'You know me so well.'

****

Hello, everyone!

I'm sorry, not much action in this chapter. But I promise there will be a lot more in the following chapters!

Please let me know what you think of the story so far in the comments! Though I have MANY, I repeat, MANY ideas for the storyline ahead (so many that I can't decide which one to choose)  I am open to suggestions!

Thanks for reading,

Please vote, comment and share,

Enjoy life,

Mareska.